Widening the driveway a smidge....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
Most of youse know the issues I've had getting the bike(s) into/out of my garage....and at times falling over into one of the cars and such. I finally decided to do something to make it easier, and make the driveway a little wider, so I can move the cars farther apart, and ride up in between the cars on the driveway, instead of going around them in the yard.
I've had a bunch of cement blocks/pavers forever, and that's what I used. I laid them out on the grass, spray painted a line down them on the grass, and then dug out a "trench" for the pavers. I had a few pavers that were about twice as thick as the rest, and I used those in the two spots where the truck tires would be parked, to support the weight. Took me most of the day yesterday, and aboot 3 hours or so today to finish. It got too dang hot yesterday to finish.... :heat:
It ain't pretty, but it will do the job. Now I can ride the bike(s) both into and out of the garage and not have to worry about mud, or wet grass....or fallin into the cars. :yahoo:

Now if I can just get the neighbor's lawn service idjits to quit mowing MY yard..... :rant:

Tanks fellers! :BigGrin:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194381#p194381:3d34rlu9 said:
joedrum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:13 pm[/url]":3d34rlu9]
Yep that grass looks tough to get through....nice job ...looks sweet

Joe...the grass was the easy part(it rained a little here Friday)...the limestone and tree roots were another matter all together. :Awe:

Made the first foray out of the garage on the wider path with the 1500 this mernin with no problems. :clapping: Did I mention I have to BACK out, since there's no room to turn around and go forward coming out of the garage? :whistling:

I back my valk out about 40 ft. I find it easier than turning it around as that involves about a 12 point turn in my narrow drive. Been plotting ways for years here to keep the neighbor from cutting my grass and trespassing.

Did you do both sides? Did that for a fella a few years back with the pavers, he wanted the room to keep the car doors from hitting the other car. Lay in wait for the yard guys and ambush them, that'll work :) or razor wire at the property line :)

Now if you could just find a heap more of those pavers Joel then head on down here to lay them up the middle of the DD.. :smilie_happy:
Nice job. :good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194390#p194390:2ikh8h6q said:
Ansimp » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:19 am[/url]":2ikh8h6q]
Now if you could just find a heap more of those pavers Joel then head on down here to lay them up the middle of the DD.. :smilie_happy:
Nice job. :good:

:nea: I've seen yer driveway....that ain't happnin!! :smilie_happy:

the pavers get the job done and that's all that matters joel. years ago I widened my driveway near the garage with eight 12 by 12 patio blocks, in the summer it gave me a place to park the wings ( I still had the 1200 wing back then ) and in the winter it was the starting point for the snowblower