Get your butt checked!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

made2care

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
2003 bmw r1200c
84 gl1200
My father passed away in 1995 from rectal cancer, he was only 57. I just returned from the hospital today after undergoing my first colonoscopy. I've been putting it off and putting it off and finally did it. They found one tiny polyp which is common. I will know in a few days if it's benign or malignant. Good news it's very small. I'm only 49 but with my family history I should have been checked at 45. I'm very relieved and am thankful to my family for urging me to do it. It's a simple outpatient procedure. Get you butt checked if you are 50 or over, or sooner if family history is present. I'm resting today, then back to work on "the wanderer" tomorrow.

That was hilarious!! I've had three, but after the last one, they were not satisfied so I was required to continue the lack of food for another 24 hours and reflush to receive what they called a " double contrast barium enema". Friends and neighbors , if they utter those words to you , immediately escape from captivity and seek asylum in Canada or some country that does not have extradition back to the states. It was awful. Lol

The worse thing is the prep and I chose a cherry flavored one. Haven't ate anything cherry in 9 months nor will I. The best is the Versed med. Makes for a very fun afternoon. I agree, get the butt checked. I'm good for at least 5 years.

I had one done at age 50....all good. I was WAY overdue for another, now at age 62....my doctor has been bugging me...so I had one done about a month ago...no problems found and the doc said "see you in 10 years"!!!!!!

I guy I knew passed away from colon cancer some years back....shortly after, I was talking to his cousin. He said: "I got worried and went and got checked....they gave me one of them Bavarian enemas" I don't know how I kept a straight face...

When I had my done I remember coming out of twilight in the recovery room and hearing everyone passing gas. I remember thinking that this sounds like a John Phillip Sousa band. Makes me laugh to this day.

well, results showed the polyp (Which he removed) to be a "tubular andenoma" so not cancer "butt" if left long enough can turn cancerous. So God Bless this surgeon who prompted me to get this done at a back yard barbecue back on July 4th. I could go as far to say this guy saved my life !! Have to see him again in 2 yrs.
Again, get your butt checked if you have not done so.