Back Pain - Riding Days May Be Coming to A Close

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194749#p194749:1ucj2q3p said:
mcgovern61 » Today, 1:36 pm[/url]":1ucj2q3p]
Thanks guys! Yes I am praying and getting help! That spinal decompression unit might be just the ticket! :thanks:
Yes for me too. Concidering my chiropractor is $50-70 a pop (depending which one I go to), I think it will be money well spent.

They're a little spendy, but darned well worth it. Ours stays in the den - deployed and ready for action.

IMG_5228.JPG

Sorry to hear of your stumble Gerry. I hope that you can attain a positive outcome soon. :yes:

Just a thought but I bought an inversion table from craigslist and paid $100 , You do need some room for it but they do fold up, all of them do...check CL for a few weeks, they always seem to be there.

1st trip out on the bike in nearly 4 weeks! (Short honey-do run of about 10 miles round trip.) :yahoo:

Swelling and pain is down. Looks like it might be a combination of the bone and disc structure issues with a torn ligament connecting my left hip bone to the L4 and L5 vertebra. Doc wanted to wait until swelling was down to get a better look.

I was injured back in 1981 in US Coast Guard boot camp. Long story, but I significantly tore the ligament back then, but they did not have any equipment to make a good diagnosis then. (If a bone wasn't broken, you should be fine! :hihihi: )

Complicating matters, at the same time I tore the ligament, I had a kidney stone stuck in the left ureter. Of course, at that time (20 years old) I had no idea I had kidney stones and at the USCG clinic, they had no idea why I had so much pain while standing or trying to bend. (Think sit-ups, running, etc.......) Kidney stones were not even considered.

It took 8 more years (1989) and 3 kidney stones later before a hospital/doctor realized I had kidney stones and before I ever found out what was causing that tremendous pain. My back pain was always attributed to bone structure issues and "back sprain". Short of it.......the kidney stone issue is under control. I still get them, but I now know the difference between swollen kidney pain and slipped disc. It is real hard to tell the difference between slipped disc, herniated disc and torn ligament! :shock:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195055#p195055:1alxfa9a said:
mcgovern61 » August 24th, 2017, 2:10 pm[/url]":1alxfa9a]
1st trip out on the bike in nearly 4 weeks! (Short honey-do run of about 10 miles round trip.) :yahoo:

Swelling and pain is down. Looks like it might be a combination of the bone and disc structure issues with a torn ligament connecting my left hip bone to the L4 and L5 vertebra. Doc wanted to wait until swelling was down to get a better look.

I was injured back in 1981 in US Coast Guard boot camp. Long story, but I significantly tore the ligament back then, but they did not have any equipment to make a good diagnosis then. (If a bone wasn't broken, you should be fine! :hihihi: )

Complicating matters, at the same time I tore the ligament, I had a kidney stone stuck in the left ureter. Of course, at that time (20 years old) I had no idea I had kidney stones and at the USCG clinic, they had no idea why I had so much pain while standing or trying to bend. (Think sit-ups, running, etc.......) Kidney stones were not even considered.

It took 8 more years (1989) and 3 kidney stones later before a hospital/doctor realized I had kidney stones and before I ever found out what was causing that tremendous pain. My back pain was always attributed to bone structure issues and "back sprain". Short of it.......the kidney stone issue is under control. I still get them, but I now know the difference between swollen kidney pain and slipped disc. It is real hard to tell the difference between slipped disc, herniated disc and torn ligament! :shock:
Good to hear you are feeling a little better. I have a looooooooooooooooooooooong history of kidney stones. Around 5 lithotripsies and one surgery whereby they go in with a little basket on the end of a fine probe and grab the buggar. for me its hereditary thanx to mom !! I have a problem with my tailbone hurting after I ride, so must figure that out. Anyway, stay on the healing path and obviously, don't lift anything real heavy .

With the muscles and surrounding area settled down, I finally had an appointment with my Ortho doc. We had a Cat scan from August for my kidney and pelvic area already and the bottom line is that it is significant arthritis in the left SI joint, 3 bulging discs, tears in the edge of 2 discs (not ruptured yet), and degenerative conditions from L3 down to S1.

Not life threatening at all, but surely fully capable of causing sudden, excruciating pain. I have done physical therapy many times and it helps, but the edge of the bones in the SI joint looks like the coast of New Jersey! :smilie_happy:

There is no miracle cure, just exercises, decompression, heat, anti-inflammatory and, if needed, steroid injection. But, as the saying goes.....it will not get better with age! :hihihi:

The good news is that, unless riding causes acute distress, Doc says to go ahead and ride and know my limitations when pain begins. :moped:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195791#p195791:37y6s9lp said:
desertrefugee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:57 am[/url]":37y6s9lp]
I'm telling you Gerry, look into the Nubax mentioned earlier. If your issues are mainly lower back, it will help.
Mentioned it to my Doc and he agreed it would work.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194768#p194768:20bxgwvb said:
desertrefugee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 pm[/url]":20bxgwvb]
They're a little spendy, but darned well worth it. Ours stays in the den - deployed and ready for action.

file.php
I talked to my Ortho Doc and he agreed this unit is worth trying. So I ordered one. Are they cheap? $300 delivered. :shock:

But that is a lot cheaper than I am paying for Doctors, MRI and X-rays! Assembled yesterday. Holy mackerel! 1.5 days, 3 - 3 minute stretches and my pain is half already! :shock: :party:

I think this might just be the ticket I needed a long time ago! :yahoo: :moped:

Latest posts