Layed the 1100 down

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like some fuel maybe sloshed out if it was diesel or premix that fuel is slippery,,,good to hear your getting better. I am keeping my eyes open, not that I dont now but I know your a good rider and if it can happen to you it can happen to any of us.

Ouch! Glad to hear you’ll be good to go another day. Had a bear run out of the ditch ahead of me one night about a month and a half ago. It then proceeded to run in the lane ahead of me so I swerved around it on the left. Thankfully no one was coming from that way. It all happened so fast i didn’t have time to think about it really. Took awhile for the heart rate to return to normal.
Mike

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198227#p198227:gm236t25 said:
zman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:46 pm[/url]":gm236t25]
...I am keeping my eyes open, not that I dont now but I know your a good rider and if it can happen to you it can happen to any of us.

Bingo. Situational awareness and wearing proper gear are the best we can do.

Will have to keep that road in mind. As the others. Sonya wants to head back down your way possibly this coming year. Have rain checks for the Sea Lion Caves, no sea lions when we went through in October, and we missed the coast road around Big Sur. Also want to come back up through the 89 route and do the Black Hills and such. Going to bypass the Nacimiento Ferguson Road.

Take care get well, enjoy the festive season coming up.

Cheers

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198247#p198247:1k38iskk said:
Rednaxs60 » 30 minutes ago[/url]":1k38iskk]
Will have to keep that road in mind. As the others. Sonya wants to head back down your way possibly this coming year. Have rain checks for the Sea Lion Caves, no sea lions when we went through in October, and we missed the coast road around Big Sur. Also want to come back up through the 89 route and do the Black Hills and such. Going to bypass the Nacimiento Ferguson Road.

Take care get well, enjoy the festive season coming up.

Cheers
If we had more time I would have wanted to ride pch past the naciqmento turn off. Beautiful scenery. Maybe Anita and I can meet up somewhere.

Otay...we've all expressed our concerns and well wishes aboot your personal injuries, so....

:useless:

OK, just to get Dan jumpstarted, how about this one? Off-road excursion due to hailstorm in May 2015. Went from simple heavy rain to 2 inches of hail on the road in about a quarter of a mile. Not recommended:

IMG_2878.JPG

Some fairing rash. The chrome vent cover is somewhere still up there. Busticated windshield went in the trash the same day it happened. Pretty much it on the damage.

That'll buff right out... :hihihi:

Really surprising you weren't hurt any more than you said you were, but the gear most likely protected you from a lot of pain. Bike ain't bad at all, considering what it could have been. :yes:

that's tough , glad it was no worse than it was ,the only person who has never been down , is the person who don't ride much , or they are real Lucky .... I have crashed more bikes than most people have owned... :swoon:

Dan, glad to hear it was not worse for ya, might take a while but get back on that horse :moped: :moped: :moped:

Got some paint work to do, but I've priced the pin stripes and they are expensive. Egads, what a bad day.

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=198303#p198303:2f4fo7w5 said:
sledge » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:03 pm[/url]":2f4fo7w5]
.... I have crashed more bikes than most people have owned... :swoon:

:smilie_happy:

That's some funny stuff right there. But, I'd be willing to bet that there are a few among us <ahem> who might be able to give you a run for your money on that statistic! (Ignominious as it might be).

Sometimes you get lucky (I did a year ago August), but some of it is preparation. I was prepared and destroyed helmet, gloves, mesh armored jacket, mesh armored overpants, and riding boots with heel protectors. Came away with bruises and a lightly cracked wrist bone because of the gear. I was lucky because no one hit me while I flopped to a stop in the middle of three lanes of heavy interstate traffic. Sounds like you had a little of each, also.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

dan filipi":2ffi8nxj said:
Some fairing rash. The chrome vent cover is somewhere still up there. Busticated windshield went in the trash the same day it happened. Pretty much it on the damage.

I have a screen that is actually a cut down 1100 aspencade. Def not using. Also have that rectangle reflector. If that helps let me know. Please bear in mind the origin. Im in the UK.
They were free to me so I only need to cover the shipping.
I'll dig them out for pics tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Glad your ok. I had a similar accident four years this month on my Valkyrie. Went into a ditch trying to keep it upright due to frost on a shady 20 mph mountain curve. Doing 40 and losing all traction. Could not slow or make the turn I rode it out until I encountered a drainage grate below ground level. The bike came to an abrupt halt an over the handle bars I went onto my left shoulder. Never had so much pain in my life ( even my kidney stone ) 5 mph crash an to this day I still can't sleep on my left side. I ended up selling the Valk an just 3 month ago got a 1975 GL1000 for a project.