Possible Wing acquisition. . . project.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good bike for a good price are out there. You just have to be at the right place at the right time and you also have to understand that no matter what you paid for it, you are about to dump another $1000 to $1500 into to make it road worthy and reliable. I paid $500 for mine and rolled up my sleeves and got to work...

https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12098

Don't be afraid as there is an answer to almost any question that arises.

Thanks, man!
I wonder if the bike would be worth acquiring if I scavenged another one for parts. . .

I'll be looking at an 87 Aspy this weekend for $750. Carbs are bad; current owner has new Randakks carburetor kits and no time to install. Bike is stored indoors and has external alternator.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199540#p199540:1tly87lq said:
PurpleGL1200I » 30 minutes ago[/url]":1tly87lq]
I'll be looking at an 87 Aspy this weekend for $750. Carbs are bad; current owner has new Randakks carburetor kits and no time to install. Bike is stored indoors and has external alternator.

:rocks: :rocks: :rocks:
If I had the spare scratch right now for a purchase and to pay for the hauling, I'd have you bird-dog it for me! I'd never ask anyone to go out on a financial limb for no reason.

One of the reasons I chose this bike is because the shop is interested in unloading it for pretty much nothing but my work around their shop. We've never completely laid out the plan, but I feel confident that I could obtain the bike (and possibly another one) for little or no money out of pocket, which will allow me to devote future funds towards repairs/rebuilding. When we're able to dig the bike out, I imagine I'll be able to make a more thorough examination (and take pictures for all of you to evaluate) for a better idea of what I'm looking at. . .

Well all this talk of buying a Goldwing, me and friend are pickup one tomorrow for $400.00

Attachments

• 2018-01-18 16_01_00-Clipboard.png
    2018-01-18 16_01_00-Clipboard.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 99
:shock: Well you would not be jealous once you see it, so I'll post some photos sometime this weekend or Monday. Report, not sure but it looks like a lot of electrical needs to be done, front tire air stem leaks, all of the Calipers front and back needs to be clean up and rebuilt, Gas Tank has Rust in it. I have not had a chance to check the Oil as of yet. This 80 GL1100 needs to clean front top to bottom and front to back. I will not be able to spend much time on it this weekend, I have my Safety Motorcycle Training Class tomorrow and Sunday.

Ok, got an update for you all! Looks like the shop manager is determined to sell me the bike for practically NOTHING out of pocket from me. He agrees that the owner is an idiot, and no matter what he claims, it needs to be looked over carefully. The shop manager and I will be working together to get the bike out for evaluation. . .

A fellow over on the GWDocs forum had an '86 SEi given to him - freebie, and in good shape. He is taking it apart to clean and put back on the road. This is a great find and gift.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199760#p199760:14a82g61 said:
Daeouse » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:55 am[/url]":14a82g61]
Soon there will be pictures. . . soon. . .
:good: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Minor (non pic) update. The goldwing in question may soon be dug out of it's current location, however they have yet to locate it's title among their stacks of other titles (though they tell me they'll look in earnest later), so I'm not going to get too worked up over a theoretical "purchase" without it. On the plus side, at another location for bike storage, they claim there's an almost immaculate 1200 Aspencade that might be for sale as well. . . If I get a chance, I'll get more info about it later.
If I can get the bike dug out tomorrow or possibly later in the week, I'll take plenty of pictures.

I know you're excited, but it doesn't look any more promising after being "dug out" than it did a few weeks ago. I'll stick by my recommendation in Post #5. He'd have to be almost giving it away before I'd bite. It pretty much needs everything. Even if you strip it to bare bones. Everything turns a good deal into an expensive project really quickly.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199932#p199932:7n8qk7z0 said:
desertrefugee » 14 minutes ago[/url]":7n8qk7z0]
I know you're excited, but it doesn't look any more promising after being "dug out" than it did a few weeks ago. I'll stick by my recommendation in Post #5. He'd have to be almost giving it away before I'd bite. It pretty much needs everything. Even if you strip it to bare bones. Everything turns a good deal into an expensive project really quickly.

It will most likely be nearly given away. He seemed very keen to get it out of it's spot. . . We'll see on Thursday. . .

Latest posts