What’s your story?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199803#p199803:2uf0bbfw said:
desertrefugee » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am[/url]":2uf0bbfw]
1979'ish. Adjusting the valves on my SOHC CB750K. During the process, I still had an annoying tapping on one of the exhaust valves. As I was trying to isolate where it was coming from, I got just a little too close to one of the EXTREMELY HOT header pipes...

...with the tip of my nose! Burnt the livin' heck of it. I had the pleasure of explaining what happened to my nose for quite a while after that. I haven't told that story very often, we're all friends here and it happened.
Just another burnt tip story... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :good:

Started with a 5HP "Lil" Indian mini bike when I was 11yrs old, at 16 yrs old i got a 125 cc Harley Davidson, at age 21 I ordered a 1980 750 Custom, then some 20 years ago or so I bought my current ride a 1982 1100 Aspencade. playing with the winter toys right now when we have enough snow, but won't b long and the 1100 will b back on the road :moped: :moped: :moped: might actually get it inspected this year :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: and b legal :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I grew up never allowed to have a motorcycle. "Not while you're living under this roof" kind of deal. Fast forward to my mid 30's. I was downsized and out of work for a few month with 2 young kids at home. I picked up a 78 XS650 that was destined as a parts bike, restored it, took the cycle safety course, and never looked back. Since then, I've rescued my '76 GL1000 and an 84 XLH1000 Sportster from the same fate. I now have 3 restored bikes that were nothing but junk to begin with. I cannot part with any of them because of what I've learned and enjoyed. I own 3 completely different types of bikes. I will say though that I am done with any major bike projects from now on.