1984 Interstate Extreme Basket case

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=200636#p200636:3ksa8ykj said:
Rednaxs60 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:10 pm[/url]":3ksa8ykj]
Besides, aren't you and the others supposed to be chiming in here and telling me to run, not walk, away from this? :doh:

See my post #15. Then your own giddy justification for moving forward in post #17.

I tried. It ain't workin'. You might as well start shuffling stuff around to make room.

:cool:

No discussion of a basket case is complete without a blast from the past...

image.php

Sorry Joe... :hihihi:

Brian - your picture looks very familiar with what I have looked at, and yes, if you can't be the athlete, be the supporter.

I met with my Bailiff friend, we discussed the basket case, he mention scrap heap, and came to a very good accommodation. I get to have it for a price I like, get to sift through and take what I want and he gets to take away the rest. Will be very selective and diligent, try to make sure that I take what I need as well as what I have read has been requested on the forum. Afraid the frame and engine may have seen better days, will probably drink a toast to these items.

Cheers

Should have taken pictures. An ownership (title) up here would not be an issue with a bill of sale for the item from the Bailiff. Bike frame (proof of VIN) and Bailiff bill of sale will get me a clean ownership.

The one I'm going to take apart still has the forks attached. Will be putting a list together now that I have committed and have a commitment.

Cheers

Got into the shed today to strip what I could off the bike. Here are two pictures before I started:
BC 1.jpg
BC 2.jpg

Went through it with a good plan in mind. It would really be a labour of love if you took the whole bike. Only two calipers, with the brake lines cut. Lots of bad electrical and cut wires. No TRAC system, units not on the front forks. Carbs are in pieces. Have four of them and the internals such as needle seats, etc are in a bag. Floats are there as well. Didn't have the heart to dispose of these. Have the intake manifold and goose necks as well. Think someone might want these.

Have the aftermarket side covers, a fuel pump (will test), front rotor covers, took the digital dash as well. Notice on some threads that people loose the saddlebag tops, kept these as well. Will be posting pics.

Got some good items such as the front forks, the rear rotor that I need, a left and right mirror.

Good day so far.

Cheers

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201288#p201288:24tky1yz said:
Rednaxs60 » 56 minutes ago[/url]":24tky1yz]
Have the aftermarket side covers,

If those are what I think they are, I WANT THEM! (The red painted cover)
100_5986.JPG

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201307#p201307:1ru054sm said:
slabghost » Today, 7:21 am[/url]":1ru054sm]
If shipping weren't so outrageous. I'd like to try to put that carb rack back together.

The issue here is if it doesn't get gone, it will be gone and lost forever - not storing for long term. Let me box it up and get a cost. Need Zip code I guess.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201292#p201292:1idp2c2b said:
Daeouse » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:44 pm[/url]":1idp2c2b]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201288#p201288:1idp2c2b said:
Rednaxs60 » 56 minutes ago[/url]":1idp2c2b]
Have the aftermarket side covers,

If those are what I think they are, I WANT THEM! (The red painted cover)

100_5986.JPG

Daeouse; That is an engine cover. I have an extra one for the 85 GL1200. If you need it, let me know.

Tom

Attachments

• 85 Interstate.JPG
    85 Interstate.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 107
Had my last go at the basket case. Got the engine covers, front brake MC, clutch MC, u-joint for a spare, the OEM connectors - can put new terminals. Think the two MCs may not fit the '85 LTD, have good levers though.

Started to clean up the chrome parts - shocks, headers. Using the water/aluminum foil technique - very impressed - end result is very good. Going to prep with SOS pads as well. Brake calipers - have right front and rear - came apart well. Going to hook these up to the left front brake hose and force the pistons out. Time to flush with new fluid anyway.

Used JB weld on the right header. Had a couple of holes, and where the packing was it is "necked". Will let sit and cure for another day then make sure the packing fits.

Another little item I got from this bike is the springs for the front hatch on the shelter, where the travel computer is. Will be installing these soon. Nice little design item to keep the front hatch open.

Have the digital dash and it is from a CDN Aspencade - odometer is in Kms. See a lot that do not indicate the bike but this one has Aspencade in the lower right corner - not seen often.

Will post some more pics soon. Slaghost has dibs on the carbs, have to check on the shipping for him.

Cheers

Latest posts