New Member in Missouri

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgspec

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Jeff and I just bought a 1977 GL1000 Gold Wing - Fully Dressed. The bike does not run yet and needs some TLC, but that is why I bought it. I will do what I can to get it road worthy and find some one to help what I cannot do, My background is cars, know a lot about them and how to fix them, motorcycles, not so much. I am glad I found this forum and hope I can get the help I need in getting my baby back on the road.
Jeff

Welcome from California, Jeff !
I'm also a '77 GL1000 owner. Bought it in January and I'm going through some rebuild and cleanup on it now. Waiting for my carbs to come back -- like new!

I'm new to the forum and have already found a lot of good info. People on here are very helpful, you'll find.

Good luck with the bike and keep everyone posted. We can compare notes too.

Cheers, :salute:

Steve

Welcome from beautiful Indiana. I used to live in Springfield so I know that Missouri has some of the best motorcycle riding roads anywhere. Still have daughter/son-in-law/grandkids over there and I go to see them often.

Check this out. It is a full list of things to do with the new-to-you bike put together by Randakk.

https://www.randakksblog.com/starting-a-gl1000-after-a-long-lay-up/#more-687

You're welcome.