LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently January 18th, 2018, 7:48 am
Who Is Online: brianinpa, Smithjo1696, wilcoy02 ....
Jump to:  

Portal » Forums » General Discussions » Forum Help and FAQ's » Photo Gallery

Welcome to Classic Goldwings!
You are now viewing the forums as a guest which has very limited access to the forums.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#1  Unread postPosted: October 17th, 2012, 4:19 pm

:)
:)
C5 Club
Single Carb Club
Site supporter
knocker

Topic author

Total Posts: 20488
Active Topics: 815

Total Images: 4067
Local time: January 18th, 2018, 7:48 am
My Rides: 1983 Interstate with '84 1200 engine, Solex single carb, and C5 ignition.
2016 KLR 650
My Bike Logs forum link: viewforum.php?f=122

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
This tutorial is on how to get to the Gallery and upload images to your main Gallery album.
This tutorial should be the very first Gallery tutorial you look at in learning all of the features of our Gallery.

First, how do we get TO the Gallery?

Click on the Gallery link at the top of every forum page:

* Which puts you here, at the Gallery main page:
(The actual images you see here are constantly changing)

* Looking at the first 3 photo's displayed, those are the most recent images uploaded to the Gallery.

Going down the page some you'll see Users Personal Albums and Your Personal Album

* Users Personal Albums is where everyone's albums are.
Your Personal Album is where YOUR albums are.

When you click on Your Personal Album you will see this page if this is your first time going to YOUR Gallery, which would be the case if your a new member.

* If you do see that page, you'll need to follow the instructions to create your first album by clicking on Create Personal Album.

* At this point you have created your first Gallery Album. This is your MAIN album.
Your main album can have subalbums if you like but it's not required. You can simply save all of your pictures in the Main album.
Subalbums are nice for separating pictures into different subjects, like a ride report with photos.

Now that you've created your Main Gallery album, you can upload pictures into it.
There are a couple ways to get to the image upload page.

If your still on that last screen, you are in your User Control Panel.
You can upload pictures from here by clicking on Upload Image

* The other way is by going back to the Gallery, then click on Your Personal Album (see the earlier instructions how to get there)

* With either method you will be brought to the Main upload screen.
This is where you want to be to put images in your Gallery:

* We can upload up to 5 pictures at a time into our Gallery.
The way this is done is by selecting the file from your computer.
To do that you must click on the browse button (or Choose File, depending which internet browser your using)

* Note that there are some file restrictions, size and dimensions.
Normally this is not a problem.

After you click on the Browse or Choose File button, a window will open on your computer.
This is where you must select the image you want to put in your Gallery.
Mine looks like this:

* Once you click on your image file, the image path is placed on the upload line:

* At this point you can upload that single image or you can select 4 more images to upload all at once.

So you have your images selected.
Verify that's the image you want by looking closely at those file names. The name of the image is at the end part.
Mine is IMAG0011,jpg

* Now you need to click on Continue

* After you click continue, the system saves the pictures to the CGW server.
Depending on your connection speed, size of the files, and how many files you've chosen to save, this process can take a bit of time. Mine on high speed cable takes less than 5 seconds for 5 large images. Love the high speed!

The next picture is the window you'll see after this upload process completes BUT YOUR NOT DONE JUST YET:

* In this window you have the choice of changing the image name and also adding a image description.
You don't have to do either but a description does help explain what the picture is.
You can also put a link here to anything you want, say to your forum topic thread or to a supplier etc.
We can also rotate the image here if needed but keep in mind you won't see a preview of the rotated image in this step, that shows later.

Once your done here, click Submit

* At this point your done. You have uploaded your image to your Main Gallery for the world to see.
The next window that opens is your Gallery.

Below that first picture you'll see the Image icon.
This icon is always below your pictures.
Click on it to upload more pictures the same way as we just did in the above tutorial.

It seems complicated at first but really, after doing it a couple times, all the steps get very easy and fast.

In Part 2 of the Gallery tutorial I explain how to insert your uploaded images so they display in your post.

PLEASE! Use your Gallery album for saving pictures instead of using attachments or picture sharing sites, especially technical reference pics. This will make sure your images will ALWAYS be in your post and the discussion thread will make sense!
Go HERE and learn how to use the Gallery.

Image Image ImageClick to order CGW Stuff

If you know someone can embroider our 3" patch, let me know!
My photo gallery
How to use the Gallery, Part 1, Part 2

How to add your bike photo to the rotating banner and our Banner Rides Page.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#2  Unread postPosted: October 18th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Global Moderator
C5 Club

Total Posts: 14503
Active Topics: 147

Total Images: 112
Local time: January 18th, 2018, 11:48 am
My Rides: 98 Valkyrie, 84 Standard, X2 80GL1100,81GL1100,82KZ750,81 Seca750 ++

Profile Personal album

That should be of help to those new to the procedure. Looks good.

Vote NO on taxes, levies, and incumbents.
Every day I learn I know less than I thought I did.
Every time something is made idiot proof. The world produces a better idiot!
Maturity like wisdom seldom arrives without age. Far too often though age arrives without either.
ImageImage Image
Politicians are like diapers. They need changed often. For the same reason.
A fine is tax you pay for doing wrong. A tax is fine you pay for doing well.
Second place makes you first loser.

Print view |
LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently January 18th, 2018, 7:48 am