GL1100: Source for single carb manifold

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbells

Reaction score
I searched the forum and couldn't find anything recent on who sells the manifilds for the single carb conversions for the GL1100.
First, lets not get into a discussion on the pros and cons of this. I have rebuilt everything from airplanes to porches to jeeps to motorcycles to farm equipment. Including a Formula V racer aircraft (VW engine rebuilt for a plane).

My GL1100 is just a toy and I want to put a single carb conversion on it. So, now that that is clear, where is a good source for a single carb conversion manifold? I found this one on Ebay and they have sold a lot of them and they have good reviews. Has anyone used one of these, or do you know a trustworthy source? Thanks!

I guess I can't post links yet, but it is item #380415570497 on ebay.

there realy isnt any mass production single carb manifolds being produce most todat are old manufacture or one offs built by the bike owners ....i have a friend and forum member here instaling one he bought on ebay awhile back ...so he may be of high value to you for info ...im got a trike thats coming to my place where a one off is going to be on the table of options on the inverted trike build ...

Building your own intake is not that difficult. So far none have performed better than OEM carbs that I've heard of and there are a lot of naysayers on the subject. Mine I bought with carb. I'm presently trying to get it all sorted out but it runs. If you make your own you may stumble upon a better design than most.

I thought the videos were good, the carb appeared to work well but was it my imagination or did it appear to hang a bit at high revs?

Looks like a good design but way too much money.

This is the intake I have, no longer being built but if you can find one, I would highly recommend it. It has a water jacket and I like it very much. The only draw back may be reduced gas mileage. I get around 40 MPG and that's mostly short and in town riding.

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 728
Thanks guys! I will keep watching classifieds and fleebay. I thought about using the Posa carb I used on one of my formula V racers - They are resistant to carb icing. But, with a maximum rpm of about 2700 I kinda think it might be too limiting. I can't rememebr the last time that 2700 was a high enough rpm for me to cruise on the highway.

Latest posts