Alternator Conversion with SCC

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I saw a picture several years ago on one of the Goldwing Forums, maybe this one, that showed a naked GW with a SCC and External Alternator mounted center top of engine just in front of the carb. That's what I want to do, but that's a ton of work, not to mention figuring out how to mount everything where it will all work together. Anywhoo, my thoughts...

Yes there was one done like that and posted a rather good thread on it ...I seen seen it too and my bike is set up that way also ...but I never done the alternator conversion cause the stator worked fine ...at the time I put a 1000 stator in a 1200 motor and was unsure it would work , but it did ...my bike motor was heavily modded from the stock 1200 motor and revs fast and quick and I never really like the idea belt set up alternator over the direct drive set up stator and when my stator did go out I replaced it ....having the room there around the SCC set up makes it easy to work on and I can have my whole carb set up off in minutes to work on ...I also had ideas of a belt driven turbo set up ..but the reality is the motor is so powerful as it is any more power would out do the clutch and drive set up anyway so never went there either ...lots of power in these flat four motors if done right

Hello all,

I saw a picture several years ago on one of the Goldwing Forums, maybe this one, that showed a naked GW with a SCC and External Alternator mounted center top of engine just in front of the carb. That's what I want to do, but that's a ton of work, not to mention figuring out how to mount everything where it will all work together. Anywhoo, my thoughts...
The alternator conversion is a great alternative and easy to conduct with patience and some fabrication skills, see my 7 part DIY videos on my You Tube channel of Max1Chase1 and decide if its for you.

Latest posts