LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >  
Make a Donation and
Become a Supporting Member!
It is currently 2021-06-15- 18:41
Who Is Online: No registered users .... 5 guests
Jump to:  

Portal » Forums » Repairs and Modifications » Goldwing Customizing » Single carb and other custom fuel delivery Mod's

Welcome to Classic Goldwings!
You are now viewing the forums as a guest which has very limited access to the forums.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#16  Unread postPosted: 2017-07-03- 6:07

C5 Club

Total Posts: 14905
Active Topics: 151

Total Images: 112
Local time: 2021-06-15- 22:41
My Bike Models: 98 Valkyrie, 84 Standard, X2 80GL1100,81GL1100,82KZ750,81 Seca750 ++

Profile Personal album

You might want to twist the cable holder a bit so the cable exits the housing straight. Very nice set up! :good:

Sadly, Slabghost (Vince) passed away earlier this year (2019) of cancer. He will be missed dearly for his help to others, a forum moderator, and as a true friend.
Rest in Peace Brother.

Vote NO on taxes, levies, and incumbents.
Every day I learn I know less than I thought I did.
Every time something is made idiot proof. The world produces a better idiot!
Maturity like wisdom seldom arrives without age. Far too often though age arrives without either.
ImageImage Image
Politicians are like diapers. They need changed often. For the same reason.
A fine is tax you pay for doing wrong. A tax is fine you pay for doing well.
Second place makes you first loser.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#17  Unread postPosted: 2017-07-08- 22:54

C5 Club
Single Carb Club

Topic author

Total Posts: 682
Active Topics: 32

Total Images: 10
Local time: 2021-06-15- 19:41
My Bike Models: 1978 GL1000

Profile Personal album

We adjusted to cable holder today and now it's at a much better angle. We also tightened up the bracket around the throttle cable so it won't slip out. I took her out for a ride and it runs pretty well, but there is some stumbling at low rpm when I give it a lot of gas. Does it sound like I need to re-jet? Would it be the main or the idle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#18  Unread postPosted: 2017-07-09- 3:15

C5 Club

Total Posts: 14905
Active Topics: 151

Total Images: 112
My Bike Models: 98 Valkyrie, 84 Standard, X2 80GL1100,81GL1100,82KZ750,81 Seca750 ++

Profile Personal album

May simply need to shorten the accelerator pump linkage. It may be pumping more than you need when you grab a lot of twist.

Sadly, Slabghost (Vince) passed away earlier this year (2019) of cancer. He will be missed dearly for his help to others, a forum moderator, and as a true friend.
Rest in Peace Brother.

Vote NO on taxes, levies, and incumbents.
Every day I learn I know less than I thought I did.
Every time something is made idiot proof. The world produces a better idiot!
Maturity like wisdom seldom arrives without age. Far too often though age arrives without either.
ImageImage Image
Politicians are like diapers. They need changed often. For the same reason.
A fine is tax you pay for doing wrong. A tax is fine you pay for doing well.
Second place makes you first loser.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#19  Unread postPosted: 2017-07-09- 5:42

Site supporter
Single Carb Club
C5 Club

Total Posts: 19454
Active Topics: 208

Total Images: 1943
My Bike Models: A bunch in the works
My Bike Logs forum link: https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/ ... .php?f=121

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
Dialing a carb in ...can take some time ....as v mention could be to much acellerator pump .....but it could be other things also.....it always good to clean up plugs ...then run bike at idle for long time making sure bike stays normal temp with a box fan on radiator or water hose to keep bike temp from going to hot....at idle if it's off there it will usually show up and change how it runs or smells...if it runs and doesn't quit after a good long time....ck the plugs and see how there burning ....if plug color is good you can say idle is good and move from there ....if plugs look bad ...it's probably stumbling cause the idle is off....to much to go from there....idle has to be good to get instant response on the twist of throttle....one thing is for sure ...you have to learn your carb to get a good dialed in carb...and it all starts at idle....air is the biggest part of good gas charge and if choke plate is there you can mess with it while twisting throttle to see if it's getting drowned by gas and to rich or if it goes lean ...if you add choke and it runs better on twist it's lean ..if it runs worst it to rich ....so dig in and figure it out ....i don't have soled so can't comment much but it's rather simple carb and I'm sure you can figure it out ....so much easier than the stock nightmare of the Honda cv carbs....as you said it already beat your stock carbs....

thank god and hooch im gone

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#20  Unread postPosted: 2017-07-15- 11:04

Total Posts: 130
Active Topics: 4

My Bike Models: 1977 cb550k, 1975 cb550k, 1982 GL1100, 2013 wr250r, 1968 z50

Hi, new here. Was recommended to check this forum out. I've been trying to dial my same setup in for a while now. After much fuss with different screws and even trying to rivet closed the throttle plate hole, today I had a breakthrough when I started to adjust things the opposite way. This whole time I thought I was running the bike lean at low rpm wot. Turns out that wasn't the case. Now with my volume screw turned in nearly all the way, there is no more stumble.
Another thing that made a big difference was choke adjustment. Mine was barely closing the way it was setup from the manufacturer which also means there was absolutely no fast idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#21  Unread postPosted: 2021-05-07- 5:30

Site supporter

Total Posts: 29
Active Topics: 3

Local time: 2021-06-15- 20:41
My Bike Models: '97 KLR650 Long distance touring bike
'74 Honda CB750-K Show Bike
'07 H-D Ultra Classic Bar Hopper

I am still trying to get my ol' wing to run/idle with the 34-3 carb, so I am still reading everything I can about how other folks got their's dialed in. My plugs are black, and it pops back through the carb with the air filter off. Idle is about 1500-1800 (which is not an idle).

Rob, could you update us (me) on what has happened since you got your SCC actually running in 2017? Are you still riding the bike? Is it still running the 34-3 carb and what jets did you end up with? What were the major break-throughs to improved performance?

Any suggestions / recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bud... :thanks:

http://www.budscourthousetour.com

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#22  Unread postPosted: 2021-05-17- 9:54

C5 Club
Single Carb Club

Topic author

Total Posts: 682
Active Topics: 32

Total Images: 10
Local time: 2021-06-15- 19:41
My Bike Models: 1978 GL1000

Profile Personal album

Sorry for not replying sooner, Trixie has been sitting for a couple of years now due to my buying and rebuilding a 2005 wrecked Goldwing. I need to play with the jetting on the single carb, not sure if it will need bigger or smaller jets but she doesn't run quite right, not a lot of power yet. I do plan on getting back onto this project when I get my garage back in working order. I will update when I do, but it will be a while.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#23  Unread postPosted: 2021-05-19- 13:01

Site supporter
Single Carb Club
C5 Club

Total Posts: 19454
Active Topics: 208

Total Images: 1943
My Bike Models: A bunch in the works
My Bike Logs forum link: https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/ ... .php?f=121

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
Hmmmm I'm not a I barrel carb guy ..ok with it running to rich at idle ....and off idle rpm ..that's basically 75% of all the riding time ...so obviously you not needing the choke ..even a open choke blocks air ..I had this problem on my 2 barrel set up..I got rid of the chokes plates my carb had 2 ...just that made a difference ...in the idle some and it will definitly help at high rpm get more air ..I'd start there first ...if your carb has the hole and plug set up on the throttle plate that a adjustment also ...if I was rich after dechoking I would have throttle plate open also ...your bike not idling cause of no gas it's getting plenty ..and being drowned by gas....sometimes a carb just to big after the idle jet to produce good charge .. I had this problem to ..I eventually created my own idle Circuit ....in caveman type way ...it's not easy to make a car carb work lol ...but on my bike it runs like FI set up on steroids ..most people or set ups I've seen with VW carb get lousey MPG why thete not dial in good ...it's the same with Weber set ups also fee ate dialed in nice ..good luck sir

thank god and hooch im gone

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#24  Unread postPosted: 2021-05-19- 14:26

Single Carb Club
Site supporter

Total Posts: 1269
Active Topics: 86

My Bike Models: 1949 fl panhead
1971 cb750
1994 sportster
1998 cbr 600 f3
2)198? Gl 1100's

The cable doohicky is empi 00-3171-0 and if you're not running a 35 or 40 idle jet,get one of them.if you find a 35,let me know please.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#25  Unread postPosted: 2021-06-08- 5:48

Site supporter

Total Posts: 29
Active Topics: 3

Local time: 2021-06-15- 20:41
My Bike Models: '97 KLR650 Long distance touring bike
'74 Honda CB750-K Show Bike
'07 H-D Ultra Classic Bar Hopper

I would like to update that the 40 idle jet worked magic, but I haven't got it running again. The fuel pump quit last time I messes with the carb so I don't know if I made any improvement or not. Soldered the 60 jet I had and drilled it out with with my Harbor Freight Micro Drills. Put it all back together and no gas from fuel pump. The new (used) fuel pump is on the workbench.

Since then I ordered a couple of idle jets (35 and 40) from Singapore and got them yesterday. I am still waiting on the 40 jet I ordered from JBugs 3 weeks ago. I think their Customer Service is not working.

So, today I change the fuel pump and put in the 40 jet and see what I got will update later.

Bud...

http://www.budscourthousetour.com

Print view |
LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently 2021-06-15- 18:41