Single Carb and Stock Ignition

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiri251

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you know that my aftermarket ignition appears to be broken, I went back to stock.
I also have a single carb (DTF32)

So my question is what to do with stock vaccuum advance.
When I did SCC I did aftermarket ignition at the same time so I didn't have to worry about it.

Right now vaccuum tube is not connected. The engine starts, idles, and responds to throttle fine while bike sitting on main stand.
I haven't actually ridden it.

Can it be like this or do I need to hook up vaccuum tube somewhere?

I know that on the 1200 the vacuum advance kicks in in 4th and 5th gear. Don't know about the 1100, but you could certainly create (if there isn't one) a vacuum port on the single manifold. I'd put it near the center so that single cylinder pulses don't mess with it, and have it restricted to prevent it from being over-reactive. But if it runs fine in 4th and 5th anyway, just leave it plugged off.

Ok the first thing to do is to suck on the end of the end of the vacuum advance hose ...when you do listen for it to move the stock rear ignition plate ...it’s spring loaded and it will move...you can hear it when you quit sucking on it ..it will go back to original position ...if you hear that ..that means it capable of working ....ok on the dirt carb there are two vacuum ports you probably got plugged at the base of the carb ...unplug one and plug the hose in there ....that would make it work fine ...

I tested vacuum advance diaphragm before I put it back.
Yes, it works. I saw the sensor plate rotate and back.

Okay, so there are vacuum ports on the carb itself. I will try to find them.
It's easier than drilling a hole in the plenum.

Thanks!

Latest posts