Scc install on 1200

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusterdude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1949 panhead,1972 cb750,1980 gl1100,1985 gl1200,1998 cbr600f3 and 2003 vulcan 1600 classic
I installed the manifold and carb I got off ebay today.the manifold is a very nice piece and I got it for 80 bucks,the manifold seller recommended a solex carb seller and I got the carb for 55 dollars.preliminary results are good.the manifold requires 1100 carb horns,no problem there at all.initial run in was excellent,throttle response was very good sitting at idle.I need a cable adapter,I want to find the one I put on my 1100 5 years ago.dan,do remember who the seller was?it the barrel style that pivots on one end.if someone can clue me in,I sure would appreciate it.more to come

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

I'm going to update this thread finally.I tried the carb out of the box and it seemed to be running good,but after running it a bit and doing some reading,I came to realize the stock(55)idle was too fat.I ordered a 35 and a 40 jet.installed the 40 today and changed the plugs(they were very sooty),fired it up and it idled around 1000 rpm with the idle mixture screw closed and also,when I rev it up and snap the throttle closed,it dies.it will idle if I ease it back down though but not good.any ideas?

And I also plugged the hole in the throttle plate