Carb linkage suggestions 32 PICT-3 on a 1200

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmopars

Reaction score
I am working on my SCC, 1984 Wing with a DKL PVC manifold. From what I am seeing the carb bowl faces the rear of the bike.
What are you using for the linkage? Any pictures would be wonderful. In all the searching, that is the one thing that seems to be left out of all the conversions.

Go on ebay and search empi 3171,that's what I use

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

From what I gathered here and on the other forums I found with DKL's instructions he took a metal angle bracket and an eye bolt. Drill out a hole large enough that it will mount on the drain screw of the carb and mount the eye bolt. This is how I did it on mine and its not an "ideal" solution but I will say it works well for now.

My throttle setup will change when I figure out a better bracket but advance auto has the pack of cable stops that will fit the carb and I needed to drill out the cable hole to fit the wings size of cable as well.

UNTgrwv.jpg

I wonder if a bicycle brake cable noodle would provide cleaner routing. It should be the right size for a motorcycle throttle cable.

Due to my arthritis I ordered a thumb throttle to try. I am going to see if that will work, it has its own cable, just need to design a mount.

Latest posts