Pop Rivet trick on the 34 Pict-3?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmopars

Reaction score
Many years ago I was an avid VW junkie, I have owned around 36 Aircooled VWs. And, because they are what they are, I had to work on every one of them.
Other than a few that I had Dual Carbs on, nearly all of the them ran a 30-2 or a 34-3 carb.
One of the issue we would have with them was when we swapped to the "High Performance" 009 distributor the engine would not always idle and would stumble off idle. (Its has no vacuum advance)
Our solution for this issue was to put a pop rivet in the hole in the throttle plate. This forced all the air to go through the large air screw passage. We were able to get them to idle nicely and we lost the off idle stumble.
I am about to put a 34 Pcit-3 on my bike and was thinking I should do that before I mount it.
Anyone every done this or even heard of it? BTW, it was a big thing back in the 90's, don't know if they still do this or not.

I'm not sure if the one I bought has a hole in the throttle plate but I will say,I have no off idle issues with it

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Latest posts