V's Hooched out dresser get's a fuel source

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
new carb arrived ... it is a rebuild like dan got ....nice packaging
image.php

jet are idle jet 60 -----air bleed 220 tube t02-----95main jet------hmmmim thinking this secondary my memory is faltering...

idle jet 60-----air bleed is 160 tube is x05...and heres the first problem thers no main jet----

sheesh I guess I have to stop here and see what slab wants to do ...I get so aggravated at this kind of stuff oh well :cheeky: crummy luck :mrgreen:

you folks are driving me single carb setup crazy,

i don't see anyone going with what i have in mind yet tho, plus my stock rack is humming right now soo....no panic, if it works, it'll be the simplest one to put together cheap, no bonding, welding or soldering required

did see a gl12 for sale recently with carb issues at ~ 500 bucks..

boss'd kill me tho.... :fiddle: :builder: :head bang: :popcorn:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99036#p99036:2r5vcdry said:
82a » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:37 pm[/url]":2r5vcdry]

i don't see anyone going with what i have in mind yet tho, plus my stock rack is humming right now soo....no panic, if it works, it'll be the simplest one to put together cheap, no bonding, welding or soldering required

Easier to get forgiveness than permission.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99044#p99044:1e6tt4de said:
slabghost » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:25 am[/url]":1e6tt4de]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99036#p99036:1e6tt4de said:
82a » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:37 pm[/url]":1e6tt4de]

Easier to get forgiveness than permission.

+1 Wouldn't be riding again if I had asked permission :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99036#p99036:30m6ps0t said:
82a » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:37 pm[/url]":30m6ps0t]

Jump on in, the water is fine. I got a part time job so I could fund my hobbies. The CFO gets the big paychecks and I get the little one.

sheesh how can someone mess up the title so bad ....I hope dan or someone can change the title so members know what this thread is about ...it should read ....hooched out dresser geta fuel sorce ....sheesh I can be amazingly incompetent ..... :swoon:

anyway slab inform me to move along so I will ... ive got a jet that is right for this carb in the 32-34 ---24-25 carb I can use ... so I will ....

going to pull things off and start fittings things to try .....pics coming this will be very interesting the way this set up will work ... it may just blow the socks off the single carb deal it has lots of bennies on itside and a few discounts we :builder: :mrgreen: will see how it goes ...

Wow!

Missing a Jet?

Makes you wonder on a/this rebuild, what are the other Problems?

(I hope he didn't have set his hash pipe down while he was in the re-building process, sorry sound funny in my head)

And did they leave the jet out because the jet threads are fu-bar'd

okay got a manifold to try on slabghost 1200 junkyard dog hooch out dresser ...sheesh been awhile since ive actually work on it much
image.php

the runners here are basically 1"
image.php

nice little strip added to mount chrome bling pieces
image.php

nice little added heat system ... I kind of like how its done it seems the builder put thins right under the primary throttle plate opening ...hmmm night be a perfect place and all you need ... im going to finish it up ...its worth a test for sure

image.php

what I didn't like was the baffling that was put in the manifold right where the throttle plates open :headscratch: im not on board with this at all ...what you guys think
image.php

the only other discounts i see is it is somewhat heavy and maybe the squared off corners could have been angled to match the runner offset and reduce volume ....and the bottom can pool gas some ...

all in all ...the work done on the manifold is very good ...and is better than some of the after market ones ...so kudos to the maker of this ... Id say the maker was overwhelmed from the 32-36 carb he was trying to get to work

Yeah I don't get what the maker might have been thinking the reasoning for those baffles.
Looks like they would just slow flow to those 2 barrels.

V said he had trouble getting this to run/idle below 2000 rpm.
I can see why. It's too big in volume and the #1 runner looks to be too far away from the carb.

I had considered using a dremel to cut those baffles half way up. After buying the smaller carb though I figured Joe would know better than I what to do with it.

V, I think your latest idea of combined runners to a central point, together with squaring the primary bore in center of those runners may prove to be the best design yet.

Joe and I have been chatting about how to center the primary barrel of my Webber on the vw plenum to get an even feed to all 4 cylinders.
I have a plan and excited to start it asap.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105915#p105915:3k71ppo6 said:
dan filipi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:22 pm[/url]":3k71ppo6]
V, I think your latest idea of combined runners to a central point, together with squaring the primary bore in center of those runners may prove to be the best design yet.

Joe and I have been chatting about how to center the primary barrel of my Webber on the vw plenum to get an even feed to all 4 cylinders.
I have a plan and excited to start it asap.
Oh that sounds great! I still have to get my jig finished to start my build.

Latest posts