adjusting an empi carb on 84 aspencade

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debenn

Reaction score
has anyone found an easy way to adjust the empi or solex carb installed on an 84-87 goldwing without taking off the solenoid.
is there some special screw driver that will fit. i have had the carb on for about 3 months and have still not been able to get it to run right.. wont idle 17 mpg had it close once and got 44 mpg but the throttle cable came lose and in taking off carb.. i also managed to change settings and am back to ground zero and can not seem to get it to idle .. and it stumbles when given full throttle

any advice would be appreciated

and please dont say go back to the 4 pack.....it isnt going to happen

thanks

LOL we dont discount people problems here ... we discount the discounters ....id say it sounds like it daveloped a air leak in manifold causing thing to go off now maybe ....

I just re read your post and missed you've had the carb off. Idle problem is often too much air from leaks. Check your carb mount and manifold connections for leaks.

The 84 I assume a GL1200, Google--Sergey single carb--Sergey put a solex on his 1200 and has had really good results--Vacuum lines are different on the 1200. I can give u instructions on the 1100 but I think u will be better served by his instructions, he is active on the Steve Saunders site. He has several videos posted....Also, do what they said, Check every connection for leaks (spray it like u mean it) and be sure electric choke is hooked up and working. Good Luck. I will post adjustment procedure if u need it.

start at the top .fast idle cam.make it 4 thousands.don,t touch again.then big screw.left side of carb.2 and a half turns. out,then small one.two and a half turns. out,smooth out idle.with the big,and small screw only.don,t touch fast idle screw,after its set at 4 thousands.make sure, vacuum line is on.adjust in,slowly.to get smooth idle.tom :music:

Get a small screwdriver and grind the plastic handle down to almost nothing,,,,,this will get you around the solenoid for adjustment.

Latest posts