Honda GL1000 Fuel & Temp Gauge Gage 7V Voltage Regulator Rec

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viragocafe

Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/293701378407

Its an aftermarket model but a fraction of the price if you don't mind waiting a month for it to ship from China.

Honda GL1000 (1975-1979) Motorcycle 7 Volt Regulator for Fuel & Temperature Gauges

Currently Items are being shipped directly from our supplier in China, shipping can take 3 - 5 weeks. Please allow time for shipping and possible delays due to current economic conditions. We plan to have stock available soon from our location in Lake Stevens, Washington, which will allow us faster shipping options. Feel free to message with any questions.
Applicable models:

1975-1979 GL1000 Gold Wing (replaces parts no. 31410-431-007)

This same unit is used on many other Honda motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's. Our replacement unit can be used in any Honda motorcycle with a 12-volt system running a 7-volt regulator that drives the fuel & temperature gauges.

This is the most popular and trusted aftermarket 7 volt regulator on the market - we use them on all our custom builds!

If both the fuel and temperature gauges on your Gold Wing have stopped functioning, or are malfunctioning, the seven volt regulator that drives them has failed. Symptoms are both fuel and temperature gauges reading high, or both reading zero, and it commonly happens intermittently for a while before complete failure. This is a common failure item on older Gold Wings, and running your bike with a failed regulator can cause permanent damage to your fuel and temperature gauges. Unfortunately, Honda's replacement part costs over a hundred dollars! Other aftermarket suppliers charge $60 or more for a copy of the original part. Now you can replace this failed part with a state-of-the-art solid-state modern voltage regulator that will not fail after years of use like the original equipment, and save a lot of money in the process!

This 7-volt regulator has been designed and manufactured to splice in place of your OEM unit. Replacing this regulator on your motorcycle is well within the capabilities of a casual home DIY mechanic and requires only basic tools.

These regulators are built to withstand years of abuse. They are shockproof, waterproof and fully tested before shipping.

I replaced my 7 volt regulator with a small unit I bought off Amazon,for 7 dollars I couldn't loose.it works perfect,no complaints.it took a little creativity to attach but it wasn't too bad.

Attachments

• 20220316_202103.jpg
    20220316_202103.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
  • 20220316_201252.jpg
    20220316_201252.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57