• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The time has come to downsize.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K7TKA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have decided it's time to get something smaller than the Valkyrie. It tipped over the other day and I wasn't able to stop it on the way down. Even more embarrassing, my wife and I together couldn't pick it up. A bystander helped get it back up and nothing was damaged. I really love this bike but I will look for something lighter. I will list it here first to give the members first chance at it. There are photos on my member site. The bike is a 1999 Valkyrie Interstate which has all the wing features (bags, box, radio, CB, intercom, etc). It has aftermarket foot pegs and the Mustang seat. It comes with 2 exhaust systems. The original is in mint condition and the one currently on the bike is the Cobra 6-6 with baffles. The spares include a set of air shocks and a complete engine without the intake system. The bike runs very smooth and powerful. The tires are nearly new Avons. The bike has less than 60,000 miles on the odometer. I'm located near Seattle and obviously can't ship anything. I feel the thing is worth $6000 with the spare engine and exhaust. feel free to PM me if you want any additional info or photos. I could be interested in a trade if it meets my needs. I'm in my 70's so what ever I replace it with will be my last bike.

Thanks for listening,
Tim

Tim, could I interest you in an '82 1100 Standard with trailer?

image.php

After trying to keep the Val clean I told myself I will never have another black bike. Other than that I don't hardly get more than 100 miles from home so the tour type with a trailer wouldn't quite fit my needs. If I could afford it I would love the new CB-1100EX. I still love the UJM types.

Well the day finally came. I sold the Valkyrie today and lined up a 2013 CB-1100 with 1000 miles on it in exchange for my $6000. It's been great reading this forum and meeting all you guys. I'll still stop by now and then to keep up.

Tim

The deal is done. I now have a 2013 CB-1100 that has 1500 miles on it. I was able to get an image in my profile but can't seem to add any to my gallery. This ended up being an even deal. I sold the Valk with all it's extra stuff for $6000 and payed $6000 for this one. So far I really like it. The old butt-dyno thinks it is just as fast as the Valk. The current model is even more retro with spoke wheels and 4 into 2 exhaust. I'll be around guys.

Tim