• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2nd Gen. C5 ignition (new) w/76 heads/cams

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pony Ruiz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I first learned of this ignition here on this forum.

I was looking to keep my GL's running into the next few lifetimes.

Well......things changed and sadly I never got to try this out.

I sold the 1100 I was going to use this on.

I was keeping it with the option of using it on my 78 naked or selling the bike with the ignition. Sold just the bike last week....

I bought this in 2016. The little parts are unopened. I never used it.

I bought the heads setup to swap them for the 1100 heads. I had never swapped heads on a GL but was willing to give it a go. Wasn't interested in drilling out the left cam. That and the 76 heads of which these are give a little more pep. I had a 75.

I know I am not going to make $ on this deal but if you are interested send me a pm and we can discuss.

I don't want to have to resort to ebay.

for reference I paid $650 plus shipping for the ignition. and $150 for the heads. I don't expect to break even but there is a fair price out there somewhere. I'm guessing this is probably the only unused 2nd gen. C5 you will find anywhere.

I'd like to sell as a unit but not opposed to separate out the heads.
thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3117[1].JPG
    IMG_3117[1].JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3119[1].JPG
    IMG_3119[1].JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3118[1].JPG
    IMG_3118[1].JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 127
Thanks man!

I got a guy interested in this over on ngw. I told him you were the first!

He's asking me questions ..... :smilie_happy: As Shultze would say, "I know nu..think."

Is Paul from C5 around for consultations?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=222269#p222269:aawr79tl said:
Pony Ruiz » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:50 pm[/url]":aawr79tl]
Is Paul from C5 around for consultations?

He should be available at their contact information page. I am in contact with Paul on Facebook regularly if you need info.