Towing a GL1500 Front wheel cradle

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to Tenn. in Sept. and the wife wants to trailer the bike along. Problem is we don't own a trailer. So was thinking to save money I'd look into one of those front tire cradles that fit in a 2" receivers. With a bolt on trike kit there would be no leaning away in turns. But what I'm finding is rated weight on these is lower than the bike. But the setup I have would support more wt. on the rear tires. I need to find out how much weight is on the front tire. Or am I grabbing at straws and I should look into a trailer?

I'd rent a bike trailer or regular trailer. Too much risk of the 'Wing tilting, breaking away, etc. Close monitoring of FB Marketplace and Craigslist might even yield a used trailer for little more than your hitch-mount cradle would cost.

Good move, I found a Tilt Bed trailer recently for $600
a real steal it was, the owners were moving out of state and it had to be gone within 4 hours, so the distressed price.

Going to Tenn. in Sept. and the wife wants to trailer the bike along. Problem is we don't own a trailer. So was thinking to save money I'd look into one of those front tire cradles that fit in a 2" receivers. With a bolt on trike kit there would be no leaning away in turns. But what I'm finding is rated weight on these is lower than the bike. But the setup I have would support more wt. on the rear tires. I need to find out how much weight is on the front tire. Or am I grabbing at straws and I should look into a trailer?
with goldwings even though it will be in neutral, part of the transmission is still rotating without oil flow/splash from the engine oil pumps. so it will wipe out those gears.