TRIKES

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwgeo104

Reaction score
How about some other Trike riders showing their machines.

Attachments

• MY TRIKE 001.JPG
    MY TRIKE 001.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 423
  • 08.26.12 008.JPG
    08.26.12 008.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 408
  • 08.26.12 012.JPG
    08.26.12 012.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 412
It's just the standard Reverse that came with the SE and Aspencade in 89. Roadsmith used a Volkswagen (independent) Rear End with Ford axles, hubs and brakes. I still have my air ride and there's a sway bar that makes for a more stable ride. The Easy Steer on the front came separate - I shutter to think what my PO paid to have that installed. I like it although if you "Trike-Out" your Goldwing - expect to feel the weight. You'll notice it when accelerating or braking.

Hi there. I am obvious new and r from a country called Namibia in the south west of Africa. We really cannot afford to import trike kits and I want to convert my ride to a trike. If not a classic trike somthing like the towpac idea will help. Any plans or directions r more than welcome. Tx Wingers.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104218#p104218:3nidlufe said:
willemshiloh » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:57 am[/url]":3nidlufe]
Hi there. I am obvious new and r from a country called Namibia in the south west of Africa. We really cannot afford to import trike kits and I want to convert my ride to a trike. If not a classic trike somthing like the towpac idea will help. Any plans or directions r more than welcome. Tx Wingers.
Welcome to the fun. Search for ( Gearing ?? Trike Build ?? ) and read how sledge built his trike.

I am looking to get anothertrike, hopefully a 1500late 80's but for now I will post a pic of my beloved Baby Blue although she is now in the caring hands of an amputee from Alberta. Cheers Angela :yahoo:

Attachments

• Fysty's Baby 1.jpg
    Fysty's Baby 1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 296
  • Fysty's Baby 2.jpg
    Fysty's Baby 2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 302
Fystys
What kit is on the bike. How does it compare to areal trike. Know what I mean.
Tx for the tip on Gearings project. I am cheking it out.

Is there no-one out there that build a bolt on unit ?
Nice week to you all. We r taking the grandson to a game farm tommorrow to se the big five live.

My Trike is an 89 Honda Goldwing Aspencade Roadsmith "Ultimate" Conversion with a California Sidecar "Easy Steer" unit installed.

Attachments

• DSCF1695.JPG
    DSCF1695.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 280
  • DSCF1701.JPG
    DSCF1701.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 282
NICE dwgeo104 , what does the Easy Steer amount too ???? how does it Work ???? Power steering Pump ??? Electric ????

California Sidecar makes something called "Easy Steer" which in fact puts a rake on the forks - about 6% I believe. It's like it's been chopped. It doesn't cut the frame but replaces the upper and lower fork bridges. I guess it works although I've never driven a Trike without it. It was part of the conversion, I imagine it's mighty expensive.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104290#p104290:2zldtthl said:
willemshiloh » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:42 am[/url]":2zldtthl]
Fystys
What kit is on the bike. How does it compare to areal trike. Know what I mean.
Tx for the tip on Gearings project. I am cheking it out.

Is there no-one out there that build a bolt on unit ?
Nice week to you all. We r taking the grandson to a game farm tommorrow to se the big five live.
That is a Voyager convertible Classic ( https://www.mtcvoyager.com/voyager-classic-trike-kit/) & I loved it but as to comparing it that was all I had as I had never ridden a trike before. Cheers Angela :eek:k: :party:

NICE........... but that's way out of my Price Range . my 1980 Goldwing , I'm converting to a Trike is the only Trike I have ever rode . so I really don't know how they should Steer , but mine is Hard to turn , I don't mean Impossible , But...... it's hard to turn short . . . out on the open road , it's like a Caddy with the Top Down ... but on little back roads , or dirt roads..... I wish it was a little more easy to turn . and I have thought about using something like the old ( Steer Assist ) , like the 50's cars used . :popcorn:

Don't worry about it, mine is still tight in shape (slow) turns. I'd just enjoy it. Now it's time to dream of all the places we'll go next Summer.

Attachments

• DSCF1694.JPG
    DSCF1694.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 187