Need tech specs 1976 GL1000 jet o-rings

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5150jim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would I find out the exact specs for the o-ring on my jets for 1976 GL1000 Keihin carburetors…?
I have a local company here in Chico, CA called Valley Rubber and Gasket Co., Inc…
I know that they make o-rings & have all sizes…
So how would I know what to buy w/o taking the carbs out again…? I pulled them out to inspect clean them & found out that 3 of the bowl had stripped screws (& 1 had two stripped screws) & I got a local guy that works on Datsun Z’s & he only charged me $20 to put all four 4mm helicoils in…
So does anyone know where I might get the exact size & dimension for my jets…?
All I know is one is bigger than the other one…

I emailed Randakk but they are out Out of Office Notice: Randakk's is Closed for vacation & will re-open on Tuesday, August 17th.

I called American Honda Motor Co., Inc in Torrance, CA & spoke to a guy in Customer Service Information Motorcycle Division but he said that the specs were proprietary but maybe 2 of the oldest dealers in the US might be able to help…
225-387-5328 Gene Gonzales Honda & 513-662-7759 Western Honda both were no help…
I still know nothing about size, shape, & the material they are made out of…
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know…
TNX, Jim

I would be very surprised if Randakk gives you the specs since he sells a kit.

I've never seen the specs, probably the only way to get them otherwise is open the carbs and measure.

That's just what I was going to do today... Only I was just going to take it in to the local manufacture & see if they can be of some help... But I have a digital vernier caliper so I can do some check B4 I go...
Good idea... :rocks:
TNX, Jim

don't know how accurate it is, but I found this...........
Idle mixture screw -- 2.8 x 1.9 mm or .110 x .074 inches
Float valve seat -- 5.7 x 1.3 mm or .224 X .051 inches
Float bowl drain -- 4.47 x 1.78 mm or .175 x .070 inches
Primary main jet -- 3.2 x 1.1 mm or .125 X .043 inches
Secondary main jet -- 4.2 x 1.1 mm or .165 X .043 inches
Carb-to-plenum O-ring -- 60.0 x 2.1 mm or 2.362 x .082 inches
Intake manifold to head -- 40.0 x 2.6 mm or 1.574 X .102 inches

some sizes are also in this list. The few I glanced at looked the same as above.

https://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/gl_carb_parts.htm

That is awesome!!! :rocks:
I'll see if I can find them locally...
I pulled the cabs out this morning & this time (I pulled them out last week) it only took 20 min...
TNX, Jim :yahoo:

dan filipi":sxqwd32a said:

I've never seen the specs, probably the only way to get them otherwise is open the carbs and measure.

That's a surprising comment since I've published the sizes here for 8+ years :) :

https://www.randakks.com/Carb%20Parts.htm#9

Randakk":3vt69qgt said:
dan filipi":3vt69qgt said:

That's a surprising comment since I've published the sizes here for 8+ years :) :

Well, then I'm surprised.
Not the first time :thanks:

dan filipi":1bv6b5jr said:
Randakk":1bv6b5jr said:
dan filipi":1bv6b5jr said:

Well, then I'm surprised.
Not the first time :thanks:

Life is full of surprises...like one of my latest acquistions:

CCProductsGL1200Conversion.jpg

There's a somewhat wrong-headed and prevailing view that I dislike such rigs. I actually like them very much and have possibly the world's largest collection. How they perform is matter for other threads which are unlikley to include any additional commentary from me.

(Sharp eyes will note that this is a CC Conversions unit for the GL1200 which is fairly rare.)

Nice rig.

I wonder where they tied in the exhaust gas recirculation tubes, or were those simply plugged off.
I believe those 4 tubes connected to the stock rack's intake at some point.

dan filipi":agzr2oiy said:
Nice rig.

I wonder where they tied in the exhaust gas recirculation tubes, or were those simply plugged off.
I believe those 4 tubes connected to the stock rack's intake at some point.

They went Canadian (Commando?) and eliminated that complexity.

Randakk":1f3scmlz said:
dan filipi":1f3scmlz said:

Hi Randall! I appreciate your rebuild kit! I had mine done by Pistol Pete with your kit and we have been riding smooth ever since! :thanks:

badorderbob":mhsdrukd said:
Now I know who outbid me :Awe: :Awe: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: ! :hi: Bob

Yep. One of the worst (of many) moves EBAY has made was to "cloak" bidders identities in most cases. I like to know who I'm bidding against. :)

It was fun watching the bids at the last minute :read: , I knew it would be too much for me anyway :swoon: ! Maybe you could get someone to fab a few :hihihi: . Take Care :salute: Later :hi: Bob

Latest posts