Oil pumps...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gc33

Reaction score
I've been wondering about the GL oil pumps. Is there an upgrade available to increase oil pressure at all? To increase the supply of oil to all the right places... Mainly crankshaft and big ends?
Something like a high volume pump... Just curious... If there is such a thing I'd upgrade the current pump in the 1000 I'm rebuilding now...

Never heard the question asked before. Normally, with proper maintenance, these engines go over 100k miles without blinking and never with replacing or upgrading the oil pump.

Cleaning the oil sump screen though is a different story. Many folks do not even realize it is there on the right side of the engine and are often shocked the first time it is pulled (tends to gather used clutch material).

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=218615#p218615:3eyjoap9 said:
mcgovern61 » Today- 4:12[/url]":3eyjoap9]
Never heard the question asked before. Normally, with proper maintenance, these engines go over 100k miles without blinking and never with replacing or upgrading the oil pump.

Cleaning the oil sump screen though is a different story. Many folks do not even realize it is there on the right side of the engine and are often shocked the first time it is pulled (tends to gather used clutch material).
Yeah thanks Gerry... Only reason I asked is that when reading up on bearing journals it was mentioned that the oil pump oil pressure is at its Max and hence why no oil feed holes on 2 of the cylinders.
Yeah I'm aware mileage on these... But it's the same as most vehicles... You look after it properly and it'll look after you.
The GL and CX range were renown for their durability. Especially the Cx's.... Couriers in UK loved em... Bulletproof...

Latest posts