first time sync attempt

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magonsterz!

Reaction score
Gents first try at this, ever, new ebay gauge set, looks like i got it right?
Unless anyone sees an issue, really not sure what im looking at to tell the truth, just followed step by step, but it runs xcllnt.
pre sync
pre sync.jpg

post sync
post sync.jpg

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219069#p219069:26qkswmw said:
desertrefugee » Today- 11:31[/url]":26qkswmw]
Looks good! Balance is key. Makes a huge difference in how the machine runs at lower PMs. Has very little (like no) effect once the throttle plates open up.
Good was worried about 79 carb stack on 75 long block but seems to start, warm up, idle, keep temps and run like a scalded ass ape. no misses, idle hang or surging.

You probably would never notice the difference between well set-up '79 and '75 carbs on a '75 engine, unless you raced them against each other or dynoed them. The '75 carbs are slightly larger for the hotter '75 cams. You may actually get more bottom-end grunt with the '79s with the top end slightly down from the '75s.

Cool, had her out for a 30 mile quickie before the sun set on me and engine ran killer and after sync. Set fuel mixture screws at 2.5 turn out from the 2.0 factory recommendation, a lil fat to compensate for today's crappy gas, engine seemed to like it.

Now to deal with clutch slip at 7k to 8k shifts under load, swapped in 4oz of seafoam and non additive motor oil, run for 100 mi, repeat for another 100 mi. and see if it cleans up.
Don't know history of engine other than original 75 with approx 30k on the clock.
All cables and clutch actuation arms are set to spec otherwise i see a clutch job in my future.

Latest posts