Shocks for the GL1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm they look like 78-79 shock style ..with the two spring set up ...I personally liked that set up on my 79 bike ...as to having any experience with these shocks I have none ..I’d rather have non air shocks than air ones ...

I have a pair of them on my '78. It uses the clevis mount at the bottom, but is the same shock. They're a good deal if you aren't too discriminating. (I'm not). The ride is a little on the harsh side even on the lightest preload setting, but I find that to be a very good match for both my riding style and the character of my '78's configuration. I suppose if I were a bit heavier (I'm 175'ish), they might not be so harsh, but I'm not complaining.

Bottom line: I'd recommend them.

I bought a set similar to them. Mine were shorties, meaning there are a 1/2" shorter than standard air shocks. I have been satisfied with them. When I set them to the middle setting and towed my loaded tag a long trailer to upstate New York, it was a smooth ride!

image.php

image.php

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201871#p201871:139mnhk6 said:
mcgovern61 » Yesterday, 5:28 pm[/url]":139mnhk6]
I bought a set similar to them. Mine were shorties, meaning there are a 1/2" shorter than standard air shocks. I have been satisfied with them. When I set them to the middle setting and towed my loaded tag a long trailer to upstate New York, it was a smooth ride!

image.php

image.php
They look nice black/chrome! :good:

The other question is what is the stock length of the shocks 13.25"??? I want to go 1/2 or maybe a little more lower ( I'm a short guy 5'6).

Thanks to all for the info!

that's made my mind up too. great post and well timed. glad I'm on here and good to read real wisdom.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk