Front wheel bearing removal

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusterdude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1949 panhead,1972 cb750,1980 gl1100,1985 gl1200,1998 cbr600f3 and 2003 vulcan 1600 classic
Did I miss it in the honda 1200 manual?I know there is a proper way to do it.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

There's a proper way and then there's the DIY way. Using a bearing puller is the proper way, or using a bolt the diameter of the axle shaft that has been cut down the middle. I have used this and it does work. You need to insert the bolt just enough to cover the bearing race - learned practice. Use a screwdriver or a small chisel - one you don't love - and drive it into the cut to spread the bolt, then drive the bearing out. Make sure you get a good bite on the bearing inner race. If you insert the bolt too far, you will not get a good bite on the bearing inner race, and you could have collateral damage. When you install the new bearing(s), I'd throw the bearings in the freezer overnight then install the next morning. The bearings shrink just enough to make it less than a friction fit and you're not hammering on the bearing too much. Better for bearing and housing. Good luck.

Yea,I said screw it,both wheels are the dealer having the bearings removed.ill install the new ones myself

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk