1200 idle vacuum

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusterdude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1949 panhead,1972 cb750,1980 gl1100,1985 gl1200,1998 cbr600f3 and 2003 vulcan 1600 classic
How many inches of vacuum should I see at idle with a 34 pict 3?thanks

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Just noticed this is in the wrong section,would a mod move this to the 1200 section please

I have no clue ..but with your set up as you have many places where vaccum can be leak ...my advice is to after all places that can leak big time ...carb mount gaskets are like thin and one time only seal mostly ..i ended up going with very thick gasket that can be reused. I forget what they call the stuff ...before this I used many ply paper gaskets ...ten past carb is the intake horns rubbers and orings on head surface ..this is very difficult sealing sometimes on single carb set ups

My solution was I got rid of the stock intake horns and made my own runners and also use very thick gaskets between head and intake runners ...once I got to this point no vibration or anything else would cause leaking vacuum problems ...amf getting carb to dial in became easier and consitant. Not sure any of this helps but here it is lol

I don't think I have a problem per se,I'm just curious.I know the engine isn't in perfect health but I'm only getting 7 inches or so of vacuum and was just wondering what normal is.

Perhaps on stock carbs but I'm running a single solex

Latest posts