front new metzler, out of round

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
put a new front on, musta been in a hurry, bike gets shakin more than you want at around a hundred, happened noticed that the tire was out of round when I put it on. I just checked it on the center stand, it varies about an eight of an inch, I did not have it balanced, think it would help/or fix it? also noticed a bolt that holds the side cover over the brake disc missing, probly vibrating pretty good.

got it from J@P tires online, took it to larrys longhorn scooters in Ardmore today, they said their has been others that are having the same problem, they think its like a second, there coming out of a warehouse in dallas, when I called j&P, they confirmed that. Larry's put a dozen wheel weights on it, guess I never did tell larry or whoever balanced it that it was out of round,, but the woman at the counter was real informative about it,,, guess I will try it, if its not good, j@p said to send it back to them at ky. ya, could use to cut down the speed a notch, thanx joe