Got those rear springs and hitch I needed!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toremitchell

Reaction score
Like I said, you guys helped me work through some decisions . . . . and Here's my NEW Wing!! After ten happy years with the 83 Aspy, here's my 11-year-newer but still 25-year-old 94 GL1500A that I just purchased tonight. It's amazing! :Egyptian: Remember, the one I said I test rode earlier in this post? Yep, here it is! Already has Progressive springs front and back, and a trailer hitch, and wiring, and reverse, AND . . . . :smilie_happy: This is about as excited as I've been since making our five baby announcements, many, many years ago. :yahoo:

I got my first Wing when I turned 40. Yep, that mid-life thing was happening. And now this should ease me through my 50th just around the corner. And as you can see from the picture, my kids approve of the purchase. But they too will hate to see the old 83 Wing leave our family. We have lots of good memories from the last ten years! :good:

Attachments

• IMG_20190923_184816236.jpg
    IMG_20190923_184816236.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 127
I know . . . It's tempting! . . . . Out of room and out of money.

Is there a way of posting an ad on this site? I have it listed on Appleton, WI Craigslist right now. It's the sharpest and best maintained 83 listed for $2150 and I am not getting any hits. Of course weather is getting cooler and I may need to hang onto it until Spring.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213062#p213062:3hymd3sd said:
toremitchell » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:13 am[/url]":3hymd3sd]
I know . . . It's tempting! . . . . Out of room and out of money.

Is there a way of posting an ad on this site? I have it listed on Appleton, WI Craigslist right now. It's the sharpest and best maintained 83 listed for $2150 and I am not getting any hits. Of course weather is getting cooler and I may need to hang onto it until Spring.
You can list it here in our for sale forum:

viewforum.php?f=14

Just remember to post pictures of the bike.

Just a suggestion, I sold a restored '81 1100 Standard a few years back and got my best price selling on Ebay Motors with a "Buy It Now" price with best offer option.

viewtopic.php?p=188856#p188856

I had originally listed it on all of the Goldwing Forums, but realized that most folks on the forums already had a Wing and I was asking top dollar. We also had it listed on Craig's List and locally with a few bites, but it was Ebay that got the traffic.
We got our price on Ebay!

Remember that time of year is also important when selling a bike. The best price (in my opinion) is achieved with a ready to go bike at the beginning of riding season when the bug really hits after a long winter.

Thanks again for the great advice guys. I have had some more second thoughts as well. Boy, these are two DIFFERENT bikes, and I like 'em both! I know there will be times I will miss the 1100. Just space and time, but maybe somehow . . . .

Latest posts