Lost Rear Tail Plastic

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck4550

Reaction score
I picked up a 1996 GL1500 SE in pearl, a handful of months ago and it has been running smoothly better any other vehicle I have ever owned. Sadly I lost the lower plastic that bolts into the saddle bags and the center of the bike. It goes basically at the bottom and tail of the bike. I am hoping to find a place to get one so I can get my bike back up to 100%. I have looked in the normal areas but with no luck. I am hoping someone here can give me a hand. The pictures attached is the bike and where the piece should sit. Thanks

Attachments

• 20200119_163106.jpg
    20200119_163106.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 20200119_163114.jpg
    20200119_163114.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 142
I have looked on Ebay but do not know what that piece is called or a part number to get me closer. It probably is on there but I am looking in the wrong spot.

Sadly that is not the piece. The piece I am looking for is approx 3' wide (as wide as the bike) and about 18" long (that goes up along the saddle bags) and has a width of about 3" to 6" depending on if it is measured at the tips or middle.

Attached is the best pic I could find online that had the part I am looking for.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 117
:shock: :shock: ..but...but....that's not what yer pointing to in the original pichur!! :Doh2: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Here's that piece...again, rough, but you can continue a search from there. :good:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Honda-Gol ... SwF2xbUzol

so it looks like you are pointing to the lower trim piece. thats an aftermarket add on that doesn't come up on ebay often. if you do find one it most likely won't be the same color as your bike

Sorry for the misunderstanding, that's where it should go. I am surprised it is aftermarket. Any idea on the make or model? or where besides ebay I can find one?

Latest posts