It's that time again!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
New front tar on the 1500. Dang thing only had 28,718 miles on it.... :BigGrin: It had started to give me a lil shimmy at low speeds, and had some cupping goin on, so it was time.
Replaced with the same Dunlop Elite 4. They seem to work really well on this bike. Also used Dynabeads again.

Great mileage! Thinking of putting these on my 1500 front/rear. The 28K miles is 44K Kms - I can live with this. Have CT on rear now, but have a second rim that has been cleaned, polished and coated. Will be doing the same with the front rim - clean, polish again then coating. Use Counter Act beads -similar to dyna beads.

Beads only. It's not recommended to use the beads AND external weights....according to the bead manufacturers. I used Dynabeads in this tire originally, but wasn't able to recover all of them. I have a "stock" of Counteract beads, so I used some of those in this tire. The only real difference I see between the two types is the Counteract beads are smaller....and apparently made of glass, where the Dynabeads are ceramic. :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=220233#p220233:2ipgy2uq said:
mcgovern61 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:25 pm[/url]":2ipgy2uq]
I knew it would be about tires. :hihihi:

At least the tire reached end of life this time. :BigGrin: I'm guessing Joel has caught every loose nail in the county, tire repair shops must be suffering.

~O~

Latest posts