SMART Safer Motorcycle Advanced Rider Training day

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
When I first started back riding in 2008 I had the chance to participate in the Gold Coast Councils subsidised training program for mature riders that were over represented in local road deaths. Australian former GP champion Mick Doohan was the official sponsor. Unfortunately financial pressure ended the program in 2012 which saw an increase in local motorcycle road deaths. Recently the course was reinstated by a private training company called Motorcycle Life which charges $145 for the training day. Our local Police District (Jimboomba) managed to get a grant so that they could fully service the training for approximately 50 local riders.
Heading out from Muldoolun Community Centre on a beautiful day for a ride.
Roadside Tuition
Parking at the bottom of the Flying Bean Cafe Beechmont

Some good advice on staggered riding and separation distances from Dave a Jimboomba Police Motorcycle Patrol officer.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=207502#p207502:13c508lq said:
julimike54 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:47 am[/url]":13c508lq]
Very good! Nice to see training happening, can never have enough.
So true Mike. I ended up practicing a different type of cornering technique which gave me something to concentrate on other than was I speeding in front of a fully operational Highway Patrol bike. :BigGrin:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=207525#p207525:2sxsacy1 said:
detdrbuzzard » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:15 pm[/url]":2sxsacy1]
nice that someone picked up the ball and started offering advanced training again
:yes: :good: :moped: