Ray Owen Classic Bike Show 2019 Canungra Qld

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
In my Show bag from yesterday’s VJMC Rally there was a flyer for the Historic Motorcycle Club of Queensland’s Ray Owen Classic Bike Show and Swap Meet.
I initially thought that there wasn’t any way that I could do two shows in the one weekend but as the Rats Nest was already clean and I could ride over Tambourine and down the Goat track to Canungra, what the heck. The other incentive was early access and I could possibly be home for lunch if I didn’t hang around for the presentation at 1230.
Road was damp but I didn’t actually get rained on. A quick photo from Tambourine Mt.
I ended up in the undercover area with lots of bikes that were making the Rats Nest look like an ugly stepsister even though she was in the unrestored section.
Gary’s Tracker ended up getting a red rosette “highly commended”
Unfortunately I didn’t take any photos of all the great bikes that were out in the paddock/ show ground. Just too slack I guess. :whip:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209788#p209788:28yzlkgx said:
desertrefugee » Mon May 20, 2019 3:33 am[/url]":28yzlkgx]
I need a wife like yours. I could squeeze one show in for a weekend, but two would be pushing it. Road trips get a waiver.
It was a last minute thing. She stopped past the VJMC Rally on her way home after spending the night down the Gold Coast with her Mum. As she wanted a sleep in and I said I would be home early it worked out fine except for no yard work completed this weekend. :doh:
I did mention another overnight ride to Glen Innes ( last one over 12 months ago) on Aug 3rd which was met with plenty of negativity. :mischief:

Latest posts