Ride to Chemainus BC - Grocery Ride

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednaxs60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought about this on the way up island today, in that we have some beautiful scenery and places to visit. I also thought about the posts by desertrefugee and detdrbuzzard, and how well received these are. So I thought I'd give it a go.

I also call this a "Grocery Ride" because the impetus for this ride are the scones that you get at the Willow Street Cafe in Chemainus - to ride/die for. Here's the route taken, there is a secondary route off the highway, but will do that another time:
Victoria, British Columbia to Chemainus, British Columbia-0001.jpg

This is the little town that remade itself after the sawmill closed in the early '80s:
Chemainus 6.jpeg
It is now renowned for its 39 outdoor murals, and this has been a windfall for the local economy. It's about 80 Kms north of Victoria.

You can go on a tour of the town by horse drawn cart:
Chemainus 5.JPG

Here are a few of the murals I took today:
Chemainus 2.JPG
Chemainus 3.JPG
Chemainus 4.JPG

This is a picture of some of the businesses on the main street:
Chemainus 1.JPG
A short look at what is available to see here. Enjoy. Cheers

Indeed. I would love to spend some quality time riding in the Pacific Northwest. Made it only as far as the Columbia River Valley on the Valkyrie. Another wonderful riding area, but not the “peninsula” or the “island”. Those will have to wait for another time (summer).