Wyaralong Dam VJMC barbecue ride

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
Thursday the VJMC boys were having a ride were they would be having a barbecue lunch at Wyaralong Dam. I had work in the morning so I couldn’t do the full ride but I could take a quick strap out to the dam and have a sausage with them for lunch. The Rats Nest hadn’t been anywhere for 5 or 6 weeks so there was a good 2mins of cranking before she fired up. I couldn’t ride all the twisty roads that I would normally use to head out there as I was running late for the 1130 rendezvous. As it would have it so were the rest of the gang and they had sent a message advising of a midday arrival time. I took a couple of photos from the downstream side of the wall while I waited for the others.

Everyone finally arrived about 1230 and produced all the stuff to have barbecue sausages on bread rolls ( almost like hot dogs :hihihi: ). They also brought along a portable gas stove and a kettle to have tea and coffee with some store bought biscuits(cookies). It was a beautiful but hot spring day that was made fairly pleasant by sitting in the shade with a fresh breeze off the cool dam water.
https://www.google.com/search?q=wyaralong%20dam
It was only 53klms from home but it was really great to be riding the Rats Nest again and I was home and back to work by 1400hrs. :clapping: :moped: