Gold Coast VJMC ride to Garage 25

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
There was also a ride down to the Coomera Marine precinct to Garage 25 today ( Saturday).
I met up with my mate Peter on his CBX at Gasoline Alley who was having breakfast with Bob ( on his new to him 75 Gl1000). Unfortunately Bob couldn’t make the ride down the coast with us as he had a better offer. :smilie_happy:
The Brisbane VJMC members were meeting at the BP Yatala for the ride down the coast but Peter and I just headed straight down the coast which worked out well as we beat the rush.

Definitely be doing a couple of more trips down there in the future. :yes:

I hope you weren’t referring to Max’s Police Interceptor as that was a Ford GT Coupe. :hihihi:

Oops. Damn Aussie muscle. Yeah, I was thinking Monaro. (Hey, what can I say, I'm a Chevy guy).

In my defense, we see essentially zero Australian muscle cars in the states. From what I can see, you guys have the best of both worlds!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219466#p219466:1yqzpbbq said:
desertrefugee » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:47 am[/url]":1yqzpbbq]
Oops. Damn Aussie muscle. Yeah, I was thinking Monaro. (Hey, what can I say, I'm a Chevy guy).

In my defense, we see essentially zero Australian muscle cars in the states. From what I can see, you guys have the best of both worlds!
How can you be a Chevy and a VW guy? :smilie_happy: Normally us VW guys gravitate towards Mopar, Subaru and other not so populist models like my Ford RTVs. :whistling:

I do have a soft spot for the horizontally opposed engines. But, that appreciation came a bit later in life.

When I was young, it was V8 or nothing. Ran quite a few Fords, but got tired of spending more money to beat the Chevy guys than they were. And my Ford small blocks had a heckuva time with those Mopar 340s. Had quite a few Mopar buddies: Darts and Dusters with healthy 340s (or 383/440s) were tough to beat. So, I became one (Chevy guy).

Nowadays, I appreciate pretty much any older machine that does the job it was designed to do. And that looks good doing it. Doesn’t really have to be the fastest. It just has to be.

Many years ago I had a 302 Ford Maverick which didn’t like the Arizona desert heat too much. My current Falcon utes I love because they run Aussie 4lt 6cyl in-line engines going by the code name Barras. They do a turbo version that can be built to crazy horsepower levels.
https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/fo ... erformance

Latest posts