Bridgestone S11 Front - 120/90H18

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
Time to replace my front tire. It still has tread, but it is over 6 years old and nearly 22,000 miles on it. Front end is coming off any way for other work. The tire is a Bridgestone S11 120/90H18. Replacement S11's have been running over $138 on average!! :cheeky:

When I bought this tire in 2007, it was $87.61 from my local Honda dealer.

Well, after searching all the tire places, I came across Powersportsuperstore.com and gues what......they have the S11 for.....wait for it.......$87.62!! :yahoo:

That is exactly 1 penny more than I paid in 2007!!! The list price is the same as everyone else at $138.99. Guess who is getting a new tire!! :party:

https://www.powersportsuperstore.com/Bri ... lick=35177

I am putting 'stones on my 1100.. tried two sets of kendas.. one 4 ply that lasted for two years and a 6 ply that wore faster.. this was on a daily rider.. cept rain, snow and ice.. 315 days riding/year ..

I've always been partial to Bridgestones since riding back in the 1970s. I tried a Continental tire on the front cause a local bike shop happened to have one at about the same price I could order one. I have been very pleased with this front tire, amazing grip and handling for just front tire change. I will be changing my rear soon, so I'm going to try a matching continental there on the rear.

I know Continental makes a real good heavy truck tire, but never bought one for a bike.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114047#p114047:3a4qtp9e said:
dan filipi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:06 pm[/url]":3a4qtp9e]
I should jump on that.
My rear is done.
The rear does cost more since it is a bigger tire, but the price at this site is still lower than anybody else!

New front tire is in!! :yahoo: Pretty quick shipping too!

It was still in the original Bridgestone wrap:
image.php

image.php

It has a date code of 3313 so I know it was made in the 33rd week of 2013 (That would be around August 2013, not bad).

image.php

No blemishes or dry spots so I am pretty confident this was a good deal! :rocks: