dyna beads

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy.shadow

Reaction score
found "tyre beads" yes TYre beads, less than $6.00 for the required 3 ounces, any body tried them? I'm going with the Shinkos and the "tyre beads" and will report my findings....We're doing the train to FLA again in May but riding back this time so we will be putting around 2000 miles on right out the shoot, but pulling a trailer rather than over loading as I have done in the past.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=142340#p142340:36pzefpq said:
paddy.shadow » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:02 pm[/url]":36pzefpq]
found "tyre beads" yes TYre beads, less than $6.00 for the required 3 ounces, any body tried them? I'm going with the Shinkos and the "tyre beads" and will report my findings....We're doing the train to FLA again in May but riding back this time so we will be putting around 2000 miles on right out the shoot, but pulling a trailer rather than over loading as I have done in the past.
Make sure that you use the Shinko 230 for our heavier bikes :yes:

Love them and use them over and over and over again. When I change the tire I drill a 2" hole into the center of the tread and "drain" the beads out and recycle them into the next tire. The first bump I hit after having them installed convinced me that they work.

I have used beads on several sets of tires on the bike, trailer, and my cars.
When the tire comes off I use a small shop vac and suck those babies out of the tire. I have reused the same beads on several sets of tires.

Going to Alaska I am going to switch to ride on. It does the same thing as the beads and repairs any punctures in the tire.

https://www.ride-on.com/

I so wanted to try Ride-on in my First Shinkos on the Rats Nest but due to a dodgy supplier it never evetuated. No need to use beads atm as plenty of easy access to tires and tire machines close by. Carry my co2 plug kit for emergencies.

Tyre beads are working great! The Shinko 230 tires get 1 and only 1 complaint, they track cracks and grooved pavement pretty heavily, to say they aren't confidence inspiring in those circumstances is an understatement.
They do how ever corner very well, have excellent wet traction and are wearing very well also. My rating is 4out of 5.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=157142#p157142:19h7499b said:
brianinpa » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:14 pm[/url]":19h7499b]
Paddy, just loosen the grip slightly when you are in that circumstance and all should be fine. If you fight it, it only becomes worse.
+1

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=157191#p157191:2tl73wzp said:
paddy.shadow » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:34 am[/url]":2tl73wzp]
Not my first rodeo, but after years of Dunlops (which in my experience did not track badly) just took some miles to become reaquainted with the sensation.
Worth the effort as I can't fault them in any way. The only tracking mine do is on the 900 mts of the dreaded driveway and they don't track the gravel like my expensive Metzlers do on the CBR ( current pattern Roadtechs, not the old pattern they were great)

I had a Pirelli on front that tracked the concrete freeway lines, cracks and uneveness in pavement bad.
With still 1/4 tread left it actually got to be dangerous on uneven pavement.
The E3 I have now doesn't have the slightest hint of tracking..

I'm Scots/ irish, so being slightly frugal, I try to get the best value for my hard earned dollar. (I'm cheap) that being said I really can't disparage the 230's, performance is top notch and no one can beat the price.
I paid less for a pair shipped than I could get 1 e3 with out shipping. Just have to avoid the cracks in the pavement, rain grooved was a treat pulling the trailer also, the old girl can still wiggle her a$$!!