1975 carb "part" question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike in Arkansas

Reaction score
1975 carbs, this "jet" / "plug" was crossthreaded probably at the factory, can't find an id in shop manual or on the net. Had a spare set of 1975 carbs I bought, these are not in it (was missing other pieces too). Opened a #1 carb on a set of 1976 carbs, not installed. Have one more set of 1975 but they are on a complete but locked up bike, hate to start borrowing from it. Questios, What is it? What does it do? If its a plug I can make it work. In the pic the threaded hole is at the 2 o'clock position, pic pf the part is best I can get. Can't find a hole thru it so is it just a plug? Mike

Attachments

• DSC00173.JPG
    DSC00173.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00168.JPG
    DSC00168.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 103
Would like try to help but, it would helpful if the picture of the "plug" was clearer (it's verry blurry) , and an indication of which hole it was in, in the carb body.
I suppose you could open up the other set of 75's just to see if it's in there. I appreciate your reluctance to "borrow" anything from them

Its the hole at 2 o'clock within the "circle" which is the seat for the slide. The piece looks just like a jet, slot for screwdriver in end, darker portion is threads, I tried smallest wire in TIG cleaner set, lots of cleaning and light and could detect no hole through it. Have to pull up shelter, remove air cleaner etc to reach inside screw on carb top to get it off, trying to dodge that, Thanks, Mike

Latest posts