Carb Reposter -- fixes broken float posts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

combustion

Reaction score
Hey Y'all,
I'd like to show introduce a new product that takes all the pain out of the dreaded broken float post in the GL1000 Carburetors.
It is called the Carb Reposter and it replaces BOTH posts at the same time and is a sturdy piece made of billet aluminum! Comes with a new pivot pin and installs with basic tools. (NO drilling/tapping/welding!!)
Please visit ebay item number 370615971398 for now but they will eventually be for sale on our website at Combustion Cycles.

Thanks ever so much!
Dave
Combustion Cycles Ltd
Durham, NC

Attachments

• photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 721
Welcome aboard! That is a very inventive fix for the fragile posts. Is there any particular reason the legs on it are so long? By the way. If you post an introduction thread that will give members a better chance to welcome you.

A link would be nice so we don't have to go hunting for it.

Until you have 5 posts, no links allowed but it's easy to get 5 posts.
If you like, send me a PM with the link then I'll post it here.

i invited him to join here ...as i think this is agood product to fix a junk carb body ,,,clever and well done it seems to me .....best ive seen ....im not to sure he wingnut as we are but dont realy know ...but i know a good product when i see one ...if it fits good its better than original or as good for sure....as long as it stout enough it sould be great :clapping: :mrgreen:

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! It's my intention to have them for sale on a dedicated site soon but time is in short resource right now. If the Ebay item number ever becomes a dead link, there will be a link from my shop page which is Combustion Cycles in Durham, NC. The "Carb Reposter" is a pretty unique name so Google search should pick up the link readily once the new site is online. They are currently $69.95 plus 5.35 USPS flat rate shipping on Ebay, but on my site they will be $59.95, with a discount for multiples.

I have other bikes in development such as CB750/900/1100/GL1100/GL1200 so please spread the word!
My engineer will be pleased to hear you like it!
Dave
Combustion Cycles
Durham ,NC