1976 GL carb rebuild

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john g

Reaction score
hey there, i hope i do this the right way.....i have my '76 Wing i bought in '79. I'd like(need) the carbs rebuilt. I went to my local Honda dealer and the service manager told me no one there can work on that carb set-up("that's 4 carbs tied together!").........any ideas on any shops/Honda mechanics that do this. I rebuilt them once myself 25 yrs ago, I don't have the patience to do that these days......the rest of the resto is going fine.

Mike Nixon, Pistol Pete's services (now operated by Pete's son), several on here I believe. You can check Randakk's site for his list of approved rebuilders. The last place that I would take one is a local mechanic or Honda dealer.

thnx, i didnt think pistol pete did rebuilds......i chk there.....i used to personally know the folks at the local dealer......all gone.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219289#p219289:6dqs0esq said:
john g » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:30 pm[/url]":6dqs0esq]
thnx, i didnt think pistol pete did rebuilds......i chk there.....i used to personally know the folks at the local dealer......all gone.
Pistol Pete passed away recently and his son Mark was trying to keep things going, but Mark made an announcement about 2-3 weeks ago that his is not able to continue the business.