New Member English Man in New York

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PONDORO

Reaction score
New Member here Pondoro ex pat English living in Westchester county New York ,been living in the USA for thirty years .Millwright by trade but spent most of my years working as a CNC service engineer in Europe and the USA . I have many interests my main one is riding . I own a 1985 GL1200 ltd with 90,000 + miles and have owned it for 15 years . I do all my own repairs and retrofits to keep it going ,its been very reliable . I purchased it thru Craigs List from a guy that lives in Connecticut who owned rental properties and it was stored in a garage of one of his properties .The guy loved the bike and I asked him are you sure you want to sell it he said of course I have five other LTDs in other garages . It had not run for many years ,I got it going without much problem .My name is Jeff thanks for having me .

In my experience, it is rarer to find a really happy person in a circle of millionaires than among vagabonds.

Thor Heyerdahl

Attachments

• DSC_0gold wing.JPG
    DSC_0gold wing.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 126
Welcome to the "Uncivilized Colonies" Jeff! One of my mother's ancestral grandfathers made his exit of the Isle the same trip back around the early 1700's... something about the daughter of a family of effluent (uhh...... affluent..) status... many of the others on her side were Irish, Scots, Welsh, and English, all came this way to seek better lives as agrarians... crops and livestock. Dad's side is Luxembourgers, again, farmers and craftsman. They all braved the insects, picked Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa to raise their hogs, dairy cattle, corn, and potatos. Plenty of I believe that makes ME a Bacon/Cheese Luxembourger with Flies...

I'd say you're ALMOST far enough away from New York City... but it's an excellent reason to have a motorcycle. start that engine, keep heading away from the tall buildings. When crossing into Iowa on I-80, and your compass starts spinning wildly, take the nearest exit, and follow the needle, you'll find me, and there's a beer in the fridge with your name on it!

DK :)