what did you do today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=222781#p222781:3m585wpx said:
Lowrider Bud » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:43 am[/url]":3m585wpx]
I went riding again today, and each ride gets better. The bike is running real good with the 34-3 carb. At 60 MPH twisting the grip is like hitting passing gear.

I also installed the Ride-off stand I got from PID (from the Slabghost estate).

Later, Bud...
I was wondering if you ever got it installed.....glad it worked for you

I never noticed this, but I went to swap the battery on the other bike, and I discovered why the previous owner masked it off with black gaffer's tape:

IMG_20210724_204025748.jpg

IMG_20210724_204038088.jpg

I think I'm going to be lazy and spray paint the bottom of the battery black.

got a call from Kamikaze so i rode over to his house so i could take my next car for a test drive, should have it home Saturday

Attachments

• 20210727_191732.jpg
    20210727_191732.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210727_191723.jpg
    20210727_191723.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210727_191713.jpg
    20210727_191713.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 91
None of it GoldWing - pulled the left fork from my RD400c to get it ready for a new seal. Disassembled it and the old seal came out rather easy, and I suspect that is why it leaked. Seals due tomorrow. Then, chucked up a 3/4" hole saw in my mini mill to bore a hole through 3/4" steel for the Uni-go adapter for the Spyder. Got that drilled, and got the old GL1800 arm cut about half off before I got hot and tired. Enough for today.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=222804#p222804:2uqor5e9 said:
dan filipi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:26 pm[/url]":2uqor5e9]
If I’m not mistaken there should be a hinged plate that lifts up and covers the battery and also holds it in place, the plate anchors at the top with a bolt.
you are correct, there should be a hinged plate to hold the battery in place

I've been fixing up and cleaning up the GL1200A. Installing a 4gal aux fuel tank to the pillion seat, installed my Air Hawk. Been doing several short 1-2hr rides this past week doing systems checks. About the only failure is I can't get my blasted Garmin Nuvi396 bluetooth to even see, much less connect to, my Sena SMH5. I know the Sena is old but both are running Bluetooth 3.0, but No Joy.
So for TODAY I took a test ride up to Howland, was shooting for Medway but I was just too damn cold. Had my electric vest on but forgot my gauntlet gloves and nothing to layer up with. :( This ride Siri wouldn't listen to me. All this high tech is cool when it works but a PITA when it doesn't.

All this in preparation for a IronButt Association "Ride Around Maine"https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/rame/ starting Saturday about midnight. If I'd created this ride I would have made it slightly different, like using 1A down through Limestone instead of Caribou and on out to Lubec not just Calais. Just about 1050 miles with a 26hr time window. This would be a breeze on the interstates but there is only about 80 miles. This ride is mostly 2 lane pavement and dirt/gravel during the road work season.

I'd like to do it Sunday but we've have such rainy weather gotta take the weather window when it opens!

Anyone up this way like to come for a ride? :)

dan filipi":1pmhkju4 said:
If I’m not mistaken there should be a hinged plate that lifts up and covers the battery and also holds it in place, the plate anchors at the top with a bolt.

Well that's interesting. You are right.

I do have a hinged plate that holds the battery in place, but it doesn't conceal the bottom of the battery.

I was wondering if I was missing something, so I checked Ebay. This looks like my battery tray, and it has a cover.

Dang it.

Guess I'm going out to the garage tomorrow and taking a closer look. But for $30 bucks on Ebay, I may just buy that one. I do have a rivet gun and I could buy some sheet metal and black/clear coat spray paint, but by that point, I'm close to spending $30 anyways.

Once again, none GoldWing related. Cleaned up the fork for the RD400c and installed the new seal in it with fresh synthetic ATF, then installed it and put the RD back together. Then got things together and rode the Spyder ~ 100 miles back home to see a new baby cousin and then watch another cousin perform at a local marina. She did a great job, and I saw several other cousins while there. Then rode the 100 or so miles home arriving at about 11:30 pm. This morning all I did was clean the bugs off the Spyder. I didn't hit ALL of the bugs in that 100 mile stretch, but I didn't miss many, either.

mom had not seen my new Mustang so i got out this morning and made a stop at the post office, Ace hardware and the gas station. had to stop for a photo opp then over to mom's

Attachments

• 20210808_095223.jpg
    20210808_095223.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210808_095233.jpg
    20210808_095233.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 102
Slow morning start. Ordered a ring gap tool for my 1200 engine piston rings, started to remove the old gasket material from the engine block, and went kayaking. Bought an older Current Design Solstice ST last fall. Have a Necky Arluk III as well. The Solstice tracks well and rides over the waves instead of through them. There was a good wind on the lake today and the Solstice does not "weathercock" easily - being pushed around by the wind is very annoying. The Arluk III has a "porpoise" bow that rides up a wave a bit then through the wave - Sonya prefers the Arluk III.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=223056#p223056:1pt6ob0s said:
D-50Dave » Today, 2:25 am[/url]":1pt6ob0s]
My "join up" date is coming up, so I gave a donation to the site. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Stay safe, Dave
Thank you, David.