Fuse at spark plug makes Bike run rough

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcoy02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to update the coils on my 1100. Had the new ones installed and they got me 23 miles down the road. Back fired and engine dead.
Waited 6 hours for the tow truck-- I was in a suburb of Columbus Oh.

Got the bike home and replaced the coils with I had laying around. Not knowing if they were good or not.
Did some wiring while the air box was out.

Put all the bling back on and went for a 100 mile ride. After about 20 miles I pulled over as I had no power in first 4 gears. I felt a stumble at 60 mph.
We pulled over and looked at the spark plug wires. 3 felt good. The left front plug did not feel right.

Pulled the plug off and there was the problem a 10 amp blown blade fuse with the spark plug. Try to get that out with 2 sticks.
Replaced with a good fuse and put everything together and off we went. No more problems for the next 80 miles.

:headscratch: Fuse? Sure you don't mean resistor? Either way, the spark hasta get to the plug for it to werk...

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=203057#p203057:frpinilt said:
Omega Man » Mon May 28, 2018 10:21 am[/url]":frpinilt]
The man said "blade fuse." :read: That is some crazy shiz.

~O~

:headscratch: :read: I din't see any blade fuse any wheres near a sparkle plug.

A BLADE fuse on the plug wire? Post a picture of that arrangement, will 'ya? Mine doesn't have that... or I'm lookin' in the wrong place...

Latest posts