A rare sight ...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
... the other day, I was poking around in the garage and noticed something I hadn't seen in a while. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but it just looked odd. Like it needed something. I'll have to fix that - hopefully voluntarily rather than out of necessity:

IMG_E0064.JPG

Yknow, I got one that's a spittin' image of yours... I think mine was made in Italy or someplace like that... and aside from having hydraulics that leak somewhere, it works okay, but it's a little 'tippy'... a bit more than I'd feel comfortable with the GL sitting up at waist height...

When I was using it, it had 15hp 3-phase motors, and headstock from my 24" swing Lodge & Shipley lathe... an inline six or two... stuff like that, at nice working height.

When I get the new shop building done, there will be a platform built into the floor that will be specifically for lifting motorcycles, garden tractors, and the zero-turn mower... but the next task (clutch slave cyl) will be done lounging on the driveway concrete (sigh). :blush:

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=203315#p203315:2hmv3l7o said:
DaveKamp » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 pm[/url]":2hmv3l7o]
Yknow, I got one that's a spittin' image of yours... I think mine was made in Italy or someplace like that... and aside from having hydraulics that leak somewhere, it works okay, but it's a little 'tippy'... a bit more than I'd feel comfortable with the GL sitting up at waist height...

When I was using it, it had 15hp 3-phase motors, and headstock from my 24" swing Lodge & Shipley lathe... an inline six or two... stuff like that, at nice working height.

When I get the new shop building done, there will be a platform built into the floor that will be specifically for lifting motorcycles, garden tractors, and the zero-turn mower... but the next task (clutch slave cyl) will be done lounging on the driveway concrete (sigh). :blush:

It is without a doubt one of the best cycle maintenance investments I've made in a long time. Definitely a back saver.