Those Were The Days

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednaxs60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Browsing my pictures for a new avatar after having sold the 1500 and came across this one from the Big Sur trip, October 2017. It was a very early morning ride to the ferry to get off the island:
Zero Dark 30 First Morning.jpg
Lots of lighting. Went for the ride south for a one night camping sojourn to meet Dan, Skiri, Dan's son and I think Dan's now son-in-law. Great ride and nice to put a face to a name. Going to have to do another one. Cheers

Be a different set of bikes I think:
Big Sur Campground - 13 Oct.jpg
Will still have my '85, so maybe mine will be the same, unless Sonya comes for a ride - already miss my 1500, but I'll get over it.

The first day out rained like a good thing. Only stopped for gas. Rode out of the rain somewhere near Grant's Pass. Of course no trip is a good trip unless you have some sort of crisis. Mine was in Redding CA when the external alternator failed. The Honda dealership in Redding was really good. Dan was a great supporter and even offered to come and get me, greatly appreciated. Honda dealership got me back on the road in 24 hours. Rest of the trip was great.