white 4-150 ATV project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am finding all the stuff I need to work on and getting things cleaned up ...sheesh I took the hood off so the rain could blast this tractor good ...it was coated in black soil that had turned to rock it seemed ...took a big effort to rough clean it

Pic
image.php

Well it’s time to dig into injection pump on the tractor ...things have been moving slow ...but I did finally get the oil pan to stop leaking with help from Jonas and his good eyes to see exactly wher it was leakin g to patch it ...finding a cheap used oil pan was impossible period ....I try everything I could think of to start it without digging into the injection pump ...but none of them worked at all ...it’s looking like the injection pump is stuck in the no fuel position and just will not feed the motor fuel ..so the top plate has to come off ...hoping I can free everything up to a working condition without taking the injection pump off this cat 3208 motor ...if anyone got experience with cat motor and pump working feel free to post ...I know in the pic things still look dirty ..but it’s like super clean compared to what it was ...the motor valley was full of black coal looking soil from wher it worked before it was sheaded

Well got the top cover off injection pump and things locked up as in fuel rack ...looks like I have to get into the governor area ...not sure I can do that with it still on the motor ...hope so ...

Worked on tractor today some ...it’s looking like I may have to take the injection pump off the motor ...this presented a major clean up ...pump sets in the valley of the v8 motor ...used big air compressor to bast years of farming crud out around the pump ...wow what a job it was getting it clean ..

pics
image.php

Here the inside of injection pump ...it’s like a v8 motor ...I suck all the fuel out so I could see things better ...you can see the one spring and piston seem to be stuck in the all the way up,position ...one next to it seems stuck some also ....also you can see the shiny spot on the spring ..it must be collapsing and rubbing on sleeve I guess ....

image.php

Other side looks much better ..but you can see one shiny spring ..

image.php

Overall this tractor just sat to long without running....the build up everywhere from sitting so long is huge and is just not going to go away ...so it’s pump off motor time ..to either clean up and it work or a rebuild put on ....sheesh :builder:

Hmm, I thought this was a running tractor.
Are there a lot of hours on this, or just frozen from sitting?
Looks like there was plenty of grease built up to preserve everything.

Hopefully can massage the pieces back to life.

It was running ...but when we went to pick it up ..it wouldn’t start ...it finally did start ..ran a few times while it’s been here with me ..but has since quit running ....the tractorvhas very low hrs for a 43yr old tractor. 3000 it says ...it also shows no sign of being pulled hard ...but yes the tractor does show signs of severe sitting and not running ...all cables were froze ...this tractor is cable operated like a bike ....the cables are huge ...they were all stuck but free up now ...the hydraulic valves are all stuck also ...havnt work on them yet ....and the varnish inside the injection pump looks like it sat for years to get that thick ...so it ran till varnish moved some and lock things up ....

As for the valley pan between heads ..it took days to get it as dirty as it is now ...the black soil was so thick and tall there really wasn’t a valley ...the injection pump was kind of buried in it with just the top and lines sticking out ....much like a oldwing gets when stored for ever with gas in the carbs ...just much more problems in a tractor ...seems like it was never washed since new ...That a good sign the motor didn’t give much problems and it wasn’t ran hard or the motor would have never stay cool with all that build up it had on the motor ...that my opinion anyway so far ....found some good info actually that will help me fix the injector pump ....I’m having to babysit today unexpectantly ..so scouring for info today has been paying off ....

Well I’m on my way to pic up tractor tire duels I couldn’t get last year ...gps quit and that was my phone also ...seems to be the way with me ...glad I brought my tablet and the McDonald’s along the way ....traveling blind ....very normal for me ...wish me luck ...I did get in touch with the people I’m going to see ...so it’s looking good so far ..it’s a 764 mile trip one way ....check in at next McDonald’s stop LOL

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=203690#p203690:7gdlgrgm said:
D-50Dave » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:57 pm[/url]":7gdlgrgm]
Happy Trails!
+1
Just hope you left plenty of breadcrumbs for the return trip Joe..
:smilie_happy:

this is the cappyest update ive ever made ....wont say a lot but things will get out there soon i think ....about 200miles from home i was in a traffic accident on the interstate ..bringing the wheels and tires home and in a 1 ton dumptruck ....results are that my back is broke ....there was another car car involve a 2017 Jaguar ..three people in the wreck ...were all lucky to be alive ...has to be the hardest lick ive ever been through ...sheesh ...