joedrum fla crib

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
pics
image.php

pic of the house i built for my brother in the early 80s ..huige house about 6000sq ft ....price a place i can always go no matter what and have many times .....parked my rv there and live there about a yr and more till we ran out of money lol...i built this house like i did the doghouse by myself 99% of the time ...i could do anything then when i came to hands

image.php

thats 33ft to ceiling of the great room ....

image.php

pic dose no justice tp cabinets there 30 yrs old now and it like looking in a mirror still

image.php

ok pics suck i will try to get better ones hands are very stupid in the arena of push buttons and stuff .... :thanks:

id say permament Z but what do i know ....im going to do music thing Z ...so for awhile im here its where my contracts are .....old man rocker ....i can still do it ...that the only plan i have at moment

every no count three piece suit and tie try everything to steal this house from us ....it payedfor now but it cost me and brother some real hardship....im going to finish it up now ....my brothers bosses were so envyest they fired him ...and the struggle began ....then the banker attacks suiters came and tried to steal it ...we win they loss ....my brother never got his big job back but he is like me pressure only made him harder to fight

pics
image.php

this is my kayak course ...its about a 10 acre small lake .....just love to be on it ...some big time bass in there ...it like my brothers fish bowl he raises some big fish deer foxes you name it its all here to watch every night ...the real dolittle animal keeper he is ...

image.php

well the swing has aged a bit ..some of the local animals that live here like me ...if you notice the aged brown steel pole it holes 2 1000 watt parking lot lights ...6 of those total here at night this place can be made like day ....nice to sit out and watch the wildlife feed ...it all on timers and all simply fantastic site makes house seem insignificant in comparison

image.php

ok back to inside this fireplace goes up 33ft ...it is all dry stacked ...meaning no motar showing ....its a double fireplace ...one in great room as in this picture and the other in master bedroom upstairs .....not sure if i remember right butr i think there 30 tons of rock on the house and fireplace .....

i built this house it basiclly is passive cool and heat it cost hardly nothing to keep it comfortable ....in this arena im hard to beat ....it is funny in fla you have to have paper person to draw plans no one could ...finally convince one guy to sign everything ..and after i framed the house he came and drew up the plans to satisfy the regs .....he was amazed and came weekly to to watch me me build it ....even help helped a few times ....nice guy he was ...he made that hurdle disappear for us

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=161287#p161287:3hlwo5jn said:
wilcoy02 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:46 am[/url]":3hlwo5jn]
Looks really good Joe. Any crocs down there in the lake?
You need to go a lot further south for crocodiles :smilie_happy: , maybe some alligators though :yes:

Looks like Nirvana Joe, must be really great to spend some real time in a place that you built so long ago :good: Can't see much snow clearing or huge amounts of firewood splitting required :yahoo:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=161287#p161287:1ff8cgij said:
wilcoy02 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:46 pm[/url]":1ff8cgij]
Looks really good Joe. Any crocs down there in the lake?

not a crock but there is one gator and i mean one he makes sure of it ....it his lake ...you cant get the horses in the water at all ...hes no problem really .....he use to be small ..hes not anymore .....

gee tony for some reason im clearing jungle latrely and it a bit rougher than firewood ...but getting close to open up ....gators are not the problem its snakes and im getting rid of them ..you have to be bold dealing with them ..there like wasp they know when your scared of them ....came across three snake nest so far in less than a acre

I know the feeling Joe, snake activity is fairly high atm and only gets worse as summer hits. I don't go actively seeking them like you are doing with your clearing but you certainly can't worry too much about them just keep a mindfull eye out for them :good:

pics
image.php

some wood bling i did on the front of the house ....it done in redwood as the rest of the hose is thats not stone

image.php

stone and bling together ...wall and roof are all rounded

image.php

some of the jungle work

image.php

hooch waiting for me to ride it

image.php

more jungle

image.php

jungle compostrer ...nice machine for 200$ that we spent

:thanks:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=161338#p161338:rdqlp1l5 said:
joedrum » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:38 am[/url]":rdqlp1l5]
ill have to call in the national guard to change it ..button fingers i dont have ...i could build a sky scraper easier :doh:

I have a son that loves photography to do those things for me :BigGrin: I just got a GoPro and he knew more things about it even after I read the manual! I guess that is why I like the fact that phones are also cameras - low maintenance!